1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] NBA REF HATRED THREAD!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SLrocket, Mar 5, 2007.

Tags:
  1. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

F**kin' refs. I can't believe tackles are legal now. Well, only against us they are. F**k the refs and F**k that ******* Stern.

2. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

youre going to make me cry after those videos.

3. jlwee

jlwee Member

I never like NBA referees and those stupid so-called superstar treatment! But you just cant blamed this loss solely on the referees. You cant beat a team when you are shooting 36% and played poor defense down the stretch! Rockets definitely deserved to lose tonight!

Your video really made me missed players like Sura and Jon Barry! :(

4. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Kill the zebra sh*ts! kill the zebra sh*ts! kill the zebra sh*ts!!! Teams need to go on strike against these zebra sh*ts! and if a lot of teams do it whats stern gonna do about it!

#24 Riz, Mar 5, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  5. Sextuple Double

Oh I haven't see the game or the highlights so I'm not putting this game on the refs. But I do know that we're the victims of most horrible decisions made by refs, that's just what the video repped :D

6. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

I ****ING HATE THESE ZEBRA ASSHOLES WHO GETS PAID AND CHANGE OUTCOMES OF THE GAMES MORE THAN THE PLAYERS.

SERIOUSLY, NBA CAN'T EVEN USE VIDEO REPLAYS TO DETERMINE MORE CALLS??? THESE PRICKS RUIN THE GAME.

7. 2rings

2rings Member

Way too mature! Bash them - its more fun.

And consequently, they do suck. Extremely inconsistent describes NBA officiating these days more than it doesn't. Usually, the inconsistency is in post-play and we just happen to have the best center in the league. Just doesn't seem fair. What if they still allowed Derek Harper style handchecking on the perimeter? How many MVP's do you think Nash who weighs a buck 35 and could be knocked off stride by my grandma would have won? It doesn't excuse losing, but it sure does make the job of winning harder.

8. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Horrid shooting by just about every Rocket, but I'm also FURIOUS at the refs for giving Cleveland all the calls and none for us when it really mattered. Even if we didn't touch LeBron, he got to the FT line. When Luther came up with a loose ball, he was fouled, no call, and they made a last-second 3 as a result of the no-call. McGrady was fouled a couple of times on his jumpshot, no call. Of course, as poorly as he was shooting, he should have been driving to the basket. Both LeBron and McGrady are superstars, so why don't they get the same calls? Why is it that the Rockets attempt the least free throws in the entire league? It's a combination of bad officiating and our lack of driving to the basket. Then again, why drive to the basket if we don't get calls?

The part that baffles me is when Yao was absolutely tackled in the last minute of the game and fell down VERY hard on his left side. He had his legs completely knocked out from under him, and I was scared that he might not get up. And what did the refs do? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. They were too busy running the court to see King James show off with an alley-oop. If there was ever a time to call out the officiating, that time is NOW. :mad: :mad: :mad:

9. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

the league obviously thinks tmac is washed up. time for tmac to PWN DA NOOBS ! :eek:

10. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Yeah, I don't know why they added 2 seconds to the shot clock. Another prime example of bad officiating. There should've been 3 seconds left, in which case Rafer wouldn't have fouled the guy, even though he didn't even touch him.

11. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I thought that inbound ball by Cleveland where they should of had only three seconds to shoot and instead they gave them 5 was bad. We almost had Larry Hughes shut until he got fouled at the last second. To me that was the most crucial mistake by the refs tonight.

12. fredthered

fredthered Member

That was the jump ball thing. Mentioned a couple times already...

13. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

I've never seen them put extra time on the clock for a jump ball before today.

14. IVAN.D.TERRIBLE

yes we could win a game by poor fg %. ref was sure big part of game tonight.

15. agentkirb

agentkirb Member

They really need to institute an instant replay rule. Violations would be reviewable (out of bounds, 24 second, ect), as well as fouls where the player claims there was no contact at all (because that is painfully obvious to see on an instant replay). So that means they can't review stuff like charge/blocking.

16. IVAN.D.TERRIBLE

couple bad calls tonight i noticed. tripping yao(four points), hitting t-mac shooting hand(3 points), hitting head, arm for a loose ball.(three points)
    10 points total, who said ref was not key factor of this game??????? :mad:

17. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

18. Bobblehead

19. Bobblehead

20. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

Jumpball, and the shot clock sets to 5 by rule