1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Trades? No Problem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wreck, Feb 22, 2007.

1. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Is anybody else glad the deadline passed quietly? Is there any in this league that could help us more than the adquisition we will get in three to four weeks (Yao)?

I think this team was made to win now but it was smart not to handicap itself in the offseason with somebody elses mistake. I mean we expect great things this season but we are not a shoein for NBA Champions, either way the offseason is still very important to us.

Bonzi will get his flow back, I mean he will get some good playing time until Yao gets back. We are so deep that we cant even play Snyder and we all know how valuable he will by in the next year or so. 34 wins and 18 without Yao. All we have to worry about now is keeping this pace of wins and hopefully yao gets 15-20 games under his belt for the playoffs.

Good job rockets management. I can honestly say, we could not ask for more, given the injury situations this team has endured.

2. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

im just happy the lakers didnt get kidd

3. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

i agree. all is well in here.

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

man you're determined to create a thread lol....

5. Sextuple Double

No news is good news.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am happy.....even though I thought James might help the Rockets I was concerned that he would screw up the chemistry, and we have great young talent on our bench that is maturing as we speak.

Once Yao gets back....and Bonzi gets more comfortable, I like our chances against anyone.

GO ROCKETS !!!

Chemistry is VERY important !!

DD

7. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Its not a bad thing trying to improve your team.......no matter how good you are....thinking all is well, and that we'll just beat Dallas and Phoenix is just ignorant. I'm confident that we still could, but we have weaknesses. And they were not addressed. So no, I'm not happy the deadline is over.......

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I really wanted Mike James. And I think we have a need for a backup PG that can handle the ball. I am bummed about not getting James (or someone like Atkins for that matter).

With that said, I am looking forward to the return of Yao. I like the way this team is playing. There is a lot of upside (but probably even more if we would have gotten James).

9. Guru

Guru Member

I have to agree...it's no secret we need a PG. Though, i'm glad we didn't trade Bonzi, I still believe he will be an asset come playoff time!

10. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Sure am.....Lol

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I think I said this to you in your own thread about "trading Bonzi...he doesnt fit here". Once again, your fickleness is shown after every win/loss.

12. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

The only move i would have made is moving Sura's contract since that doesn't mess with the current chemistry.

Otherise stand pat til Yao returns.

13. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Me too. Lakers need Kidd, but Kidd may not want to play with Kobe.

14. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Good stuff. I'm glad the Rockets didn't give in to a crappy offer for Bonzi. He'll keep getting better and better. There really wasn't much out there; Dale Davis and such, wouldn't really have helped. The team is deep enough as it is. I loved the comment on the Hollinger rankings today - "Rockets approximately two weeks away from DOMINANCE." Brilliant. There's our trade right there. Best news of the day; no Kidd for Fakers, no Pau for anyone.

15. amathie

amathie Member

I think the team is doing great so far, especially the team chemistry. If we can use Sura (and maybe Bonzi) to get a decent backup PG, it would be greater. But i'm happy with what the team has now.

16. caphorns

caphorns Member

Luther is serviceable as a backup PG if Raefer went down. Not sure who would take the extra minutes - maybe JL3? We'd lose something there but not nearly as much as we lost offensively when Yao went down. So I'm not sure this was a major loss. I like that we keep the chemistry in tact.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I still don't think he fits...and I like Synder's athleticism more....but I never said he was a scrub, I just thought we could use his contract to solidify a weakness.

DD

18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I am happy that we didn' mess with team chemistry, but I REALLY think we still need a better backup PG (I don't care if it isn't MJ)

It's almost to the point where Charlie Ward should play again (not really)

19. Wangdoodle

Wangdoodle Member

I had heard that Kidd wanted to go to the Lakers and play with Kobe, but Nets wanted Bynum and Lakers refused.

20. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I will roll with this

C -Yao/Deke/Jake
    PF-Hayes/Howard/Novak
    SF-Battier/Wells
    SG-T-Mac/Head/Snyder
    PG-Alston/JL3/Billy/Sura*

This team = NBA Champions IMHO

*I still can see a senario in which Bob is bought out to clear a roster spot for another player we will see but I will roll with this team and a rotation of

Yao
    Hayes
    Battier
    T-Mac
    Alston

Head, Wells, Howard and Deke