1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Trade with Wolves unlikely (Rockets discussing Mike James deal)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 22, 2007.

1. qzf2qk

qzf2qk Member

I know the trades can take until tomorrow for league approval but there is only 31 minutes left. Hopefully we will know something soon.

2. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Are they talking about a 2007 1st rounder or future.

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I think it's becoming a very long shot considering we haven't heard squat as of yet

4. deshen

deshen Member

We should never go for James again after he chosen MN last year.

5. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

^^^It could happen.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

It is interesting to watch the number of members logged in go up as the deadline approaches. Starved for news. As Clyde would say, "ya got to luv it."

7. sbyang

sbyang Member

I don't want to give up a 1st rounder for this guy, hoping it's just a bunch of BS coming out of Minny to get his price up for other teams. I liked what we paid for him the 1st time we got him, from Milwaukee I believe: 2nd rounder. I mean we're doing Minny a favor here taking a malcontent off their team and lowering their payroll.

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Well they would both come off the bench for big minutes most likely(provided wells eventually gets in shape). I think Head and Hayes would get more sporadic minutes, and possibly Dike as well, depending on the matchups. But more importantly, I think we would matchup a lot better with Dallas and any other team that goes small ball on us.

9. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

While also making our team deeper and better.

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Most trades don't get done until the final minutes and a majority still aren't public for at least 30 minutes after that. If there's nothing in an hour, then it becomes a long shot.

11. The Cat

The Rockets traded two second rounders for James when he was in Milwaukee. The first rounder the Rockets have this year will almost be a second rounder, so the value seems very similar.

12. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Actually, much to the dismay of everyone involved, I believe deals can go unanounced hours after the deadline passes. But since the media is already dialed in on this particular rumor, I don't think it'll take that long for any confirmation to come out.

13. Pulp

Pulp Member

The anticipation is killing me!

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

no, rockets will have only enough salary space to re-sign hayes and big jake instead of deke. they need to use their 1st round pick for a crapshoot in picking up a good pf cause they won't have the money to spend in free agency unless they trade jho but that is near impossible.

15. dreamsailor

dreamsailor Member

Although it is 3:48am in China, I think there being a lot of Rocket fans waiting for possible deal hitting the deadline. Hope it'll be the last backup PG for Rockets' goodwill in 2007 playoffs.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

do the rockets need another undersized two-guard? i just don't like the idea of giving up a 1st round pick for james. it'd suck hard if the rockets rockets mortgaged their future to satify jvg's whim only to have the new coach next season not want mike james.

17. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

ive learned to love jhow, but we'll see how important he becomes when yao gets back. he still has a lot of value to a lot of teams

18. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

MJ is a point guard.

Head is the undersized two guard.

19. The Cat

If a pick in the final five of the first round is your future, it's not really worth worrying about, imo.

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

it didn't look good when the nets knocked him back.