1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Peter Jennings reports.....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HOOP-T, Sep 25, 2001.

1. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

....that 400+ couples in HOUSTON, TX withdrew their divorce proceedings, citing the tragedy has made them realize there are more important things than arguing and bickering.

If this is true, it is truly fascinating.

I wonder how many of those will still be together in 6 months!?

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

That story was in the Chronicle today. I wonder the same thing.

3. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Well, I hope that at least some of them would survive. I know my own divorce was over something extremely small and petty. Had my then-wife wanted to put any effort at all into our marriage, we wouldn't have divorced. There wasn't anything to show her how petty and stupid our disagreements were back then, though.

4. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Hey! Wish them luck man...

I don't doubt that there are valid reasons that people have to get divorced... but I'd be willing to bet that 90% of divorces are because of immaturity on behalf of the participants. It's unfortunate that it took a dreadful act for these people to attempt to save their marriages... but so be it.

I wish them luck.

5. Gascon

Gascon Member

Still, you have to wonder that if their reasons for getting a divorce were small, insignificant, and petty enough to reconsider in light of the events of September 11, what does that make their reasons for getting together in the first place?

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I'va also heard the same thing about various law suits that are being settled at record pace because the courts are looking at these cases and basically laughing their asses off and throwing them out. Can anyone confirm this?