1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stand Pat or make a trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Nero

Nero Member

I am surprised we have not been hearing a lot of yelling for Badiane yet.. LOL

Seriously, we don't need to make a trade, just bring 'lick over on a couple of 10-days, get us most of the way through the tunnel until Yao is able to get back. 6 fouls, a few rebounds, some blocked shots, and a whole lotta hustle. Why not? Who else is out there that could be had as cheaply without us giving up ANYTHING ?

2. Nero

Nero Member

MMmmmmm... drugs 'r bad, mmkay? So don't do drugs, children, mmmkay?

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If we need a big, get Loren Woods from the Austin Toros....he is a big body and is averaging a double double in the NBDL....and he would not cost us anyone.

DD

4. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Agree! if we do have to trade a player with sura's contract, it should be padgett!! I know his value isn't much...

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i just expect someone decent to be bad for the t/e

6. Sextuple Double

I don't care if we do nothing. But if a move is to be made, Brevin Knight and/or Melvin Ely are the ways to go. But by any means keep Bonzi and Snyder. Throw away Vspan if necessary(just because I'm tired of people here boosting him up)

7. DaDakota

That would be very short sighted of management and terrible of you as a fan.

He is going to be special.....and I would rather it happen in Houston then against us.

DD

8. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i might be willing to move bonzi/sura and a pick to land Grant Hill. i'm not sure if the salries match up...my guess is not...so throw in someone else.

9. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

I chose the second option but only if the deal is good.

10. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

Why would NJ do this. Even if they tank their season what do they get out of this deal. The only way to get Kidd is to give up young talent, multiple draft picks and cap relief. The only offer I think they even consider would be Juwan (they need more bigs), Head (young talent), Sura (cap relief), and the 2007 and 2008 first round picks. That is way too much to give up for a PG who is great, but also getting up in age and not that good a shooter which is primarily what we need upgraded as it relates to Rafer.

32-18. Dont mess with a good thing. A small tweak is okay, but I dont think adding a superstar is going to work out well for us. Ask Denver how it is going?

11. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Concur. However, Woods would cost us a player (we have 15 contracts). Who would you cut?

12. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Is Sura's contract really that desirable?

13. Sextuple Double

According to this, the future of the team is in Vspan's hands. I said it before, the guy is a Greek Carlos Arroyo.

14. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Look Snyder is going nowhere. It makes zero sense to trade him. As evidenced in brief stretches he brings size, athleticism to make us quicker off the ball. In other words, he can open things up by playing off T-Mac. BTW, when Bonzi leaves next year, Snyder will be your swingman allowing T-Mac to be more of a play maker further improving his all-around game.

I think we need to get more size in the front court as evidenced by recent abuses on the boards by NOK and Dallas, just have to work at not upsetting the balance that is Rockets chemistry. In a lot of ways, this team is playing better than before 96-97.

Either add a banger who can give us size and eat boards and minutes or add a n additional legitimate scoring threat. You can't completely shutdown Phoenix and Dallas, so you better be able to score. More consistency.

Remember this, the reason we lost 04-05 is, because JHo had that bizarre heart infection and for obvious reasons could not play in the latter games of the season and the playoffs. If JHo plays versus the Mavs, we win the series but RyBo could not draw defenders the way JHo could thus, the Mavs totally played off of him so they could swarm and concentrate on T-Mac and Yao. Eventually, this strategy paid off because no one could complement T-Mac and Yao in the fateful game 7 in Dallas.

Make changes that will actually make us better (Ely, Knight) not change for the sake of change (Eddie Griffin, Steve Francis, Cato?).

15. DaDakota

I think he is going to be much better than that.

DD

16. DaDakota

Sura?

Padgett?

DD

17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

any news from mark berman?

18. IVAN.D.TERRIBLE

Ok the trade works, but if the nets are going to tank they arn't gonna take long term deals of Juwan and Rafer when they can easily get all that cap relief and probably a draft pick from another team. I think the lakers have a better shot at landing kidd.[/QUOTE]
    no i would not do it

19. IVAN.D.TERRIBLE

John Lucas, Paget ,Novak,Bonzi