1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 2/9/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2007.

1. bobmc

bobmc Member

The Mavericks have NOT beaten the "true" Rockets.
    The Rockets HAVE beaten the "true" Mavericks.

By "true" I mean the entire team intact. He who laughs last, laughs hardest.

2. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

lmfao... since this makes complete sense.

i knew cuban was up to something over there.

3. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

yeah, but then again we haven't beat the mavs when they were playing worth a damn either.

either way though, it'll be nice to see us get the last laugh when yao returns.

4. IVAN.D.TERRIBLE

i think SP got 7 points from 3-4 and one FT

5. IVAN.D.TERRIBLE

I know we played without two starter, but it is a not a excuse for a blow-out loss. here is what i see form that game:
    Good
    1 V-sapn showed some attitude, he played well, even play with 2 but at six mins playing time. he did good job to run offence
    2 Kirt's effort! yes he only made one basket, but off the injury, he will be fine.
    3 we still played good D

Bad
    1 age finally caught uP with our C anf PF.
    2 Head was bad tonight.
    3 too many missed layup.

Ugly
    1 the way lucas played
    2 the way novak play D
    3 These Mavaaaass celebrated at court!!!1

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I think you forget that Luther Head had to re-learn how to play after Yao went out. He used to cut baseline to the hole off a Ming pass, which always got him in rhythm and an easy 2 pts. Also, Head had MANY wide open threes when Yao or Mcgrady was doubled. Trust me, we have players that can score when 1,11 are doubled...we proved it up until 12-23rd. The rockets of late, have NEVER had an oppurtunity to play in the postseason with a full complement of players. In 04-05, the roxs were minus Juwan Howard which forced an over reliance on T-macs d on dirk (we saw what that did over a 7 game series)and Ryan bowen's D. And, we all know Ryan can't score. Give me a healthy starting 5 and a healthy bench and the roxs have a SOLID chance against any team, any time in the postseason.

7. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Really miss Yao on that game! Blow up a lot of easy lay up. Juwan miss a lot of easy shots and the supposed to be easy 15 footer shot, Snyder really need to get into the flow, Luther Head rush a lot of shots but other than that my assesment on the playoff against Mavs will be really awesome. It's alright but i know we can beat this team in the playoff! :cool:

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

Oh, I know you didn't mean that. :eek: Josh Howard, shooting, and Shane Battier should not be mentioned in the same breath. I am talking right now, the present, today. Not even close.

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

tough lose...We were only close, because they let us...Its like we gave up, poor shooting, poor decision making and yes, no Yao...

We can beat mediocre teams, but for the upper tier teams, we need Yao...

10. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

I said shooter, not "player". We are not talking about ability to create or ability to shoot off the dribble.

We were talking about strict penetrate and kick 3pt shooting i.e. if they are both open behind the 3 pt line with their feet set. I would take Shane. Howard is too streaky. It just seems that he's a great 3 point shooter agaisnt the Rox because we always leave him open :)

11. krayziefl

krayziefl Member

I aint worried, learn from this and the last loss to the mavs. The rockets will be ready during playoff time IF Yao and Bonzi are in shape and the rest of the squad is ready to go and not bricking. Right now the only problem for the Mavs is T-Mac and they can ''easily'' (3 guards on him) adjust to him during the game. When Yao and Bonzi are ready to go we have more options and can give the Mavs a true fight.

By the way next week the Rockets will Win, because thats the second game of the Rockets they are showing this season overhere :D .

12. jordan_123

jordan_123 Member

we'll be ready in 5 days .its payback time..i can feel it .t-mac will do his thing and others will step up.i can't wait for this game mavs celebrating and j.howard dunking on a smaller guy and celebrating as if he dunked on deke ,they will pay for their cockiness...t-mac will be a monster on this day.

13. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

The rest of the season is about re-integrating Yao into T-mac centered offense, finding new effective schemes to throw at Dallas and Suns, and most importantly staying healthy.

Dallas has conceded they have no answer to Yao and T-mac one on one so they will double/ triple team them. It opens up the floor, creates driving lanes and need the 3 other guys to abuse it till Dallas chokes. If the open jumpshot is not falling, drive and force contact.

Dallas are essentially saying the other Rockets are scrubs. JVG must nail this on the head and get the other Rockets to get nasty, show pride and prove Dallas are the scrubs.

JVG did a lot for T-mac psyche, he needs to do the same for the rest of the team.

14. dfwrox

dfwrox Contributing Member

I did not watch the game today. But the TMac's stats looks really bad. Any update from folks watched game? Just hope his back is not hurt again...

15. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

cmon man, sometimes he has bad games. u know even the best has a bad game. this is his first bad shooting game in a LONG WHILE. but had the game been close, he would have played the 4th and end up w/ 23-25 pts pretty easily b/c he did score 9 pts in the 3rd.

rox didn't really need him tonight.

16. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

Rafer had 9 steals? WOW!!!

17. ikfit

ikfit Member

this remind me that season we lost at 7th game in Dallas. when we really want to win then our players can not hit their shot suddenly.
    I worry about this.

this game our role players all can not shoot. Head, alston, battier, JH, even Tmac(after 1st q).
    I worry about this.

18. JEREMYMEEGAN

JEREMYMEEGAN Member

:mad: this game really made me mad. If tmac wouldve played in the 4th we still couldve won. T-MAC needs to pick up his scoring. we got lucky against the Bobcats cuz his shot was off but the last few games his scoring hasnt been like it was in the past. o well, hopefully he will pick it up soon, he sure improved his free throw shooting :D