1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carl Everett Won't Fly

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Major, Sep 21, 2001.

1. Major

Major Member

Red Sox fans... you excited?

From ESPN.com:

http://msn.espn.go.com/mlb/news/2001/0921/1253662.html

<I>If Everett remains for the rest of the season, there is another concern, the Globe reported. When he left the team last week, rather than fly from Baltimore to Providence on the team's 28-hour trek by bus, train, and plane from St. Petersburg, Fla., <B>he vowed never again to board an aircraft</B>, according to teammates. Everett cited the terrorist attacks last week as his reason.</I>

This should be interesting....

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Carl Everett also doesn't believe that dinosaurs ever existed because there is no mention of them in the Bible and no one has ever seen one. He claims that all the dinosaur bones found are man-made fakes.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Carl Everett also beat his kids.

But hey, he brought attitude to our team, we shoulda kept him. :rolleyes:

4. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

To top it off, he sucks this year. Those that want him in Houston, who would he replace? Hidalgo is having a down year, and he's STILL outhitting Carl. Keep Alou !!!

I didnt' think Jurassic Carl believed in airplanes anyway.

5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

No offense, but all you guys are nuts. C4 has the attitude this team often needs. When he comes back next season he will regain his MVP- type of form and blow up again, I can't wait.

gr8-1, you know what I 've said. Him in center wher he plays a better center than Dalgy and Dalgy and Berkman on the corners.

Alou is gone man. I appreciated him while he was here, but he is on the down expecting a big contract. Makes no sense.

6. Major

Major Member

<B>No offense, but all you guys are nuts. C4 has the attitude this team often needs. When he comes back next season he will regain his MVP- type of form and blow up again, I can't wait. </B>

Assuming he's willing to fly. Or he may just play home games. :)

And assuming the team has him back:

<I>The team is looking to keep the controversial outfielder out of a Red Sox uniform for the rest of the season, and possibley forever, the Boston Globe reported Friday.</I>

7. Ty_Webb

Ty_Webb Member

I thought Carl was exonerated of the child abuse charges?

He also thinks the moon landing is a fake.

I would be willing to bet he thinks that it was ACTUALLY the devil in the smoke from the WTC attack.

Basically, Carl is an Art Bell fan.

8. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

9. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Although sometimes it is difficult to say so, I still think Carl is a great player and would love for him to stay in Beantown.

10. stringthing

stringthing Member

He was exonerated of beating his kids.

Its one of those charges that even if it is false, just being accused of it is enought to have it follow you around, regardless of your guilt/innocence.

11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

alous on the down roxran??? the man is hitting 325-330 and carried us the 1st half of the yr with lance offensively and has made awesome game saving catches in the of

i definitely do not think hes on the down and its time drayton makes this team big market like it should be

12. bobrek

It depends on your definition of "down" He is hitting ~ .190 in September and ~ .295 since the all star break. He certainly helped carry the Astros offensively during the first half of the season (batting .362), but the Astros need him to step it up these last few weeks.

13. red

red Contributing Member

if houston doesnt keep alou then i hope it doesnt come back to haunt us...the guy is everything we need...

i know most people want to see ward crack to stating lineup more but i dont want it to be in the outfield...what about him splitting time with castilla at third???

and everett sucks...i dont want him on the team and i dont see how his angry attitude would help this team...

14. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Red, Ward looked awful playing 1st base. I know it was for one inning, but there is no way he can play 3rd. Bagwell himself said he would have a hard time playing 3rd base.

15. bobrek

Unless Castilla is willing to accept a significant pay cut (and is able to under baseball's CBA), he won't be back. Ward is enough of a defensive liability in the OF, he couldn't even begin to play third base.

Alou hits well, but he is ceetainly not everything the Astros need. He is a competitor, but even though he has taken back a few HRs this year, he is an average defensive outfielder (he IS better than Ward). If you could guarantee that Alou would remain healthy for the next 2-3 seasons, then open up the checkbook to sign him, otherwise, the Astros will have to go a different direction.

16. haven

haven Member

At least they don't lose too much with Ward. Incidentally, I think Ward's already a better hitter than Everett. He's hitting decently, despite irregular time.

17. Tolpatcsh Verkinder

Its good to know, that despite everything going on in this world, there is one thing you can count on to never change - Carl Everett's insanity.

18. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

YESSSSSSSS!!!

Good riddance and don't ever come back, you damn psycho. If Carl Everett is gone and this does happen then I'm going to do 2 things:

1) Sing Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah!

2) Make shanna my all-time favorite poster!:D