1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

People Who Shouldn't Own Pets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotballa, Jan 29, 2007.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about the cat. That is very sad indeed, as I once had to put a cat to sleep because of illness as well. It totally sucks, and it is gutwrenching because you want so badly for there to be something you can do, but nothing can be done.

It is ashame that people don't take responsibility with their pets. They should be prepared and investigate what is involved with raising specific pets before they even get them. If they aren't up to it, then don't get the animal. It is cruel.

My wife and I, after much research, and preparation are going to be getting a dog sometime between now and the summer. It will be a rescue puppy, and we are just waiting for the right one that will be happy in the environment that we can provide. We have done all the research, and I have own pets before. My wife never has. But I hope that it will be a good home for the dog.

2. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

The dogs I have are rescues- they get fixed and get their shots - including heart worm meds. I will never buy another pet. Adoption is the way.

My son has a cat -2yrs old- I found out he had never had his shots- I brought him to my vet and got the shots including feline Leukemia vaccine. He now wants a Pit Bull- I argued he should not get another animal unless he takes responsibility for it's medical care.

If you have them - take them for scheduled shots.

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

You should have picked a better time and thread to make those kinds of jokes. Over half the thread previsouly was devoted to offering our condolences to a guy who had to put his pet to sleep. And honestly I hope you don't get a pet, because anyone who chooses to make that kind of joke in this kind of circumstance should never go near a pet.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It isn't funny
    but
    this is a bit over the top

I am sorry for your pain.
    I think cruelty to animals is the 1st step to cruelty to humans.
    When I hear someone doing something Cruel to animals I imagine that
    they are not too too far from being able to do the same to a human

The Rule of thumb is. . . Dehumanize it. . say *it ain't human* then you can kill it or be cruelt to it

Rocket River

5. Yan_Yao

Yan_Yao Member

All I ever want to do is put someone on a smile face instead of a :( , I guess I'm wrong.

6. hotballa

pitbulls are very loving from what I hear, but you have to really really discipline and train them from a very young age.

7. hotballa

Yeah I know I overreacted a bit, I just didnt think it was very funny to make that kind of joke when we were all offering our condolences to Jeff.

8. hotballa

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,251020,00.html

9. astrorockette

astrorockette Member

That really sucks. I had the craziest, most rambunctious, rowdy dog in all of creation and i'd never dream of putting her down. I didn't train her well but she had the whole backyard to play in, and I loved her to peices. Then my neighbors stole her and took her somewhere. One of the saddest days of my life. I miss my puppy.

Jeff, I'm so sorry for your loss. My Nana put down the cat she'd had for the first 17 years of my life a few years ago and I cried so much.