1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if Alston is injured?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Queeni, Jan 29, 2007.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

trade for steve nash

2. Champ06

Champ06 Member

If Alston is injured and Yao is back, Rockets won't know what is missing. Alston who?

3. KGHossman

KGHossman Member

I will seriously doubt our shots made will sky rocket for several reasons. No one will be able to create easy shot opportunities for TMac. I know TMac creates alot of shots on his own, but JVG runs alot of designed plays for tmac and Rafer plays a big role in those plays. If Tmac ran the point, JVG would have to realter the lineup to create plays for tmac at the 1. Also, having tmac play the point will really take away from his offensive game, bc now he expends alot more energy at the point. His man will now handle the ball every single time up the court, and he will also expend alot more energy bringing the ball up the court against pressure D. It might not sound like alot, but if you have never played basketball before, you don't really know how much energy it takes to play pg on any level. Tmac is great, but playing him at pg will kill any chances we have at winning an nba title.

4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

We'd be alright. Vspan and JL3 won't even sniff the floor. Luther would probably start. His handles are shaky, but he's the steadiest option we have. Tmac would take some of the ballhandling duties if it was too much for Luther. Bonzi or Snyder would probably get more PT with Tmac at point. We've tried Tmac at that position before and it was ugly, but we'd have no choice.

5. ShakeYoHipsYao

The Rafer haters would be silenced very quickly. This team, beleive it or not, can sustain injuries to one of the two superstars, but an injury to our mediocre starting PG would be absolutely devastating.

6. jshabang

jshabang Member

If rafer is hurt.................

I think..............

DDakota will probably have an orgasmic feeling like no other!!!!!!!!!

GO BILLY!!!!!!!!

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Trade for Luke Ridnour -- the catch is he's "poison pill" so he's very difficult to trade for. However, I like the impossible. :)

8. BlakeB

BlakeB Member

For all the grief Alston gets I think he is a very serviceable PG. I want him as our team's PG. If he were injured though I think we could get along fine for 10 games or so, probably even more, but if he went down for an extended period perhaps we should trade one of our back up guards (i.e. not Bonzi, Tracy, V-span, Luther, or Snyder) and maybe a 2nd round pick for a solid starter and good backup PG. What's Marcus Banks doing in Phx. anyone?

9. jshabang

jshabang Member

Getting his ass ran out of there..........

The suns are practically beggin someone, anyone to take last off seasons 20 million dollar problem off there hands............The guy was a key off seaon signing and he's like 10 man on a not very deep suns squad

I read earlier in a article earlier they were trying to move him for travis diener in orlando.......

Wish we had the diener kid

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

He can shoot but that's his only skill....and I mean ONLY skill. Would JVG even play him? I have a hard time seeing it.

11. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Great thoughts, that why i think Span should be given minutes to develope.

12. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Send JL3 back to NBDL. Play VSpan. Simple as that.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

sounds good.

But about rafer, he needs to do what he did last night every night. 10 shots is perfect. enough so he can score 10+, bur no too many where it seems like he is jacking shots up every oppourtuity he gets. he was able to make more assists and not focus on shooting. That is how he needs to play every night.

14. highfly

highfly Member

-What if Alston is injured?

Play making will be shared between HEAD and T-Mac.
    Spanoulis could probably play a few minutes as pg but I wouldn't bet on it cauz VG plays him as a 2 guard.

15. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I'll resurrect all my "sign Steve Blake" posts from the off-season. But even so, the only real negative is that T-Mac will have to carry more of the load.

16. Highwire

Highwire Member

Yao will play the point.. A point center.. who knows. we've seen him did a behind-the-back dribble for a layup. we might see him do a crossover when he comes back from his injury.. :D

Don't give me a T Clutch ok?

17. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Per Sam Fisher:

"There's a 99% chance we'd trade for or sign a backup PG, and probably will anyway."

What do you think of Troy Hudson? Do you think we could get Dan Dickau? Would either of these guys help or be any better than a combo of V Span and JLIII?

I mean if we cannot get Atkins....

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Just slide Deke over to the point.....he can do it !

:D

DD

19. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Per Luffy 1:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rockets-#1
    Another reason why I can't wait until the Knicks buy out Francis. Stevie Franchise is the answer! Seriously.

Per Luffy one:
    "Steve francis is a washed up bum now. Plus he was overrated before becoming a bum and he's a cancer, so we don't want him on our team. There's a reason orlando didn't want him and now the knicks don't want him."

My expectations are not as high as yours. I lived thru the Matt Maloney and Brent Price - 2 ACL injury, and Cuttino at point in '99 playoffs days- I like Rafer enough- he can distribute the ball and play adequate defense. I think JVG is OK with Rafer. Chemistry with Rafer is pretty good.

I am not certain about the chemistry with Steve Francis- I hated the dribbling and panic shot at the end of the clock. Steve can finish and create. He demonstrated a willingness to adapt to JVG. If we can get him cheap- it is worthwhile IMO.

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what if the team dies in a plane crash?