1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kendall Gill and Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by alaskansnowman, Dec 20, 1999.

1. CaucasionSensation

When Hakeem comes back the offense will once again stagnate, no matter how much he talks about a lesser role. Whenever you call a play for Dream its going to the block, where people double, then we space, then we shoot, it doesn't change and never will. It's not even an offense. Just a spacing system that every team with a dominant big man uses.

Hakeem has had a great career and now it is time to retire.

2. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

By the way guys, I noticed on the box score that the only guys on the roster with DNP's are Massenburg and Williams. Is something happening soon?

3. alaskansnowman

hopefully nolan

4. alaskansnowman

<hr>When Hakeem comes back the offense will once again stagnate, no matter how much he talks about a lesser role. Whenever you call a play for Dream its going to the block, where people double, then we space, then we shoot, it doesn't change and never will. It's not even an offense. Just a spacing system that every team with a dominant big man uses.<hr>

Well, we could just not give hakeem the ball to begin with. I say once every 5 or 6 plays, dump it down to Hakeem and let him get to work. Every team has to have a post up game.

5. CaucasionSensation

Sure but Hakeem's is now taking away from the more run and gun offense that the rest of this team is made for. We need to get on with the future. Hakeem's prescence sadly holds us back.

We can post up with anybody else, but Hakeem's dominace sets up that dull double down kick out style of play that this team this year is not made for.

I say let him play high post from now on.

6. DaneB

DaneB Member

Well they're saying that we're missing a go to move, when Hakeem comes back I'm sure we could use his "Dreamshake" mainly in the fourth quarter. They should run the whole game, but still rely on Dream's post offense as well. All teams need some lost post offense to do well.

7. kissofdeath

kissofdeath Member

Couldn't agree more Dane...this team lacks fourth quarter veteran leadership -- and that is Dreams' bread and butter. We look good for 3 1/2 quarters and then the young guys crumble. I see a real upside with Dream returning to the line-up.

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think this might be a sign that Cat is about to be traded for a power foward..............preferably Ratliff...I don't think they've given up by along shot.Yes,we have salary cap space but when Dream comes back this could look like:
    Dream
    Ratliff or Taylor
    Anderson
    Gill
    Francis

That's pretty stout,but there are alot of if's in my equation.Could they make up the lost ground and get into the playoffs?...but if they don't the future looks good.Rogers could very well develop into one of the guys I'm looking for. HH

9. ArtVandolet

ArtVandolet Member

HH, I'll take that line up over the one last night.

10. alaskansnowman

I really don't want to trade Mobley. This kid has a whole lot of potential. He's got a good shot, good free throws, good drive, good dribbling, and I'm sure decent defense. He's an all around shooting guard. Sure he made some mistakes last night, but who doesn't. Besides, we already have a lot of power forwards. We got Devin Gray(who is looking pretty good), Rogers, and Thomas.

11. CaucasionSensation

Alaska, you love everybody though. If Buck Johnson was still around you'd love him. Devin showed very little last night except that he has good form at the line. From my viewing he may be too heavy to be a truly effective guard on the NBA level. He looks more the size of a forward.

12. alaskansnowman

Gray could also shoot the jumper and the 3 pointer I believe. According to my friend(he taped the game), even though I didn't see it, Gray nailed a jumper. It was while someone else got fouled, so the point counted plus we got a free throw. He said that was the play where Carlos got the offensive rebound off the missed free throw and put it in.

And according to Francis3, he can shoot the 3 pointer. Plus, the man is well built, athletic, and quick. What else can u ask for? And athletic player that has some offensive/defensive game.

13. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Ask yourself this simple question.

Why was he available from the CBA and not already established in the NBA?

Mango

14. alaskansnowman

I have no idea, but...

The Rockets said they were really impressed with him when the season began. They just didn't have enough room for him. It's not like they got him now just because Barkley was gone and they couldn't find anybody else.

As far as other teams are concerned, maybe they just overlooked him. I dunno.

15. Finalfantasy

Finalfantasy Member

Gray has nice shooting touch, but he looks short, maybe because of his bulk, he is also not fast from what I saw.

16. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Another 'tweener.

Mango

17. IWannaBeLikeDream

Dream + Stevie = Pick and Roll?

LOL [​IMG]

------------------
    "Not NOW, Cato!!!"
    -Kevin Calabro, Sonics Commentator

18. CaucasionSensation

Please Alaska watch the games and don't make up a story about his quickness.

The guy was not quick. Instead he is rather burly and looks like a powerful small forward.

His free throws looked excellent. I didn't see his other basket however.

Let's not to judge him yet after one game. I think the guy has some talent after watching him stroke those free throws but his size may hinder his performance.

We shall see.......

19. alaskansnowman

Yes we shall.

BTW, Gray said he is comfortable with both the 3 and the 4. And he also played the 4 in the Rockets' summer league thing.

man i hope he plays good.