1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official?]Texans Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by leroy, Jan 20, 2007.

1. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

Thanks dude. Now are there any adult responses?

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

"wow, what an original response."

--Vince Young fans

3. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

In free agency, we better be in the mix for Nate Clements or Asante Samuel, because lord knows, we NEED 'em. I also wouldn't mind signing Turner the Burner, and I certainly wouldn't mind nabbing Dwight Freeney.

Also, for pure hilarity, we should sign Adrian Peterson, the RB from the Bears, and then draft Adrian Peterson from OU.

4. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

Turner is restricted and may cost us our first round pick to sign

5. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

I just like having monsters at left tackle.

6. binhie

binhie Member

SS - Michael Lewis from the Eagles. There was something recently in the Chron about him being an FA and out of favor with Reid. Also he's another local product

7. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Charles Spencer is listed at 352 and he doesn't seem to be too big for the zone blocking scheme. It all depends on the player's footwork.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Anything would be an upgrade. Lewis is a playmaker. I could certainly live with that...

9. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Eh, I don't care just WIN.

10. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

and then he lost 20 lbs

11. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

went to high school with the dude. funny as hell,but not the sharpest tool in the shed. would definately be an upgrade over what we have

12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Hopefully Kubiak will get the guy he wanted from the start, but I'm quite troubled with the decision to move Shanahan to QB coach. To promote a kid who only played WR in college, and has only coached WRs for 1 season in the NFL, to coaching the most important position on the field is very weird IMO.

Hopefully Kubiak knows something we don't, but with the trouble we've had w/ our own QB, Kubiak sure better be sure this works out.

13. leroy

I thought it was a bit odd, too. I'm going to make the assumption that he does know what he's doing until he proves otherwise.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'd say that Kubiak is the real qb coach on the team no matter who has the official title.

15. leroy

It could also be a grooming situation. Last year it was the WR's. This year it'll be the QB's. Maybe next year it will be the RB's. Get the expierence with the offense and eventually move up to O-Coordinator. That is very similar to what Major Applewhite was doing while a grad-assistant at UT. He coached all aspects of the offense...different one every season before going to Syracuse.

16. #1rocketsfan

#1rocketsfan Contributing Member

Sorry if this has already been asked but does anybody know exactly what type of cap situation we are in? Do we really have a chance to get a player like clements/samuel and a guy like freeney? Two big time defensive players through free agency is what our team needs. As for the draft do I hope Kubiak is serious about getting a playmaker.

P.S. Vince Young and/or Reggie Bush have nothing to do with this post or this thread for that matter.

17. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

no; we don't have a lot of money, but a lot of other teams do. clements and samuels are going to get a boatload of bills.

18. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Do the Texans have enough money for one major defensive pick up? Samuel would be huge difference maker by himself.

19. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

$10-12M, roughly, in available cap space. but considering there will be mutliple teams with $20+M and 26-year old shutdown corners like samuels are always in demand, i'd guess there's very little chance of a significant FA signing of his level.

clements and freeney will likely be franchised. the pats have shown a history of not paying their players. we'll see.

20. #1rocketsfan

#1rocketsfan Contributing Member