1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 1/16/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 15, 2007.

1. YnMDynasty

YnMDynasty Member

Exactly!!! Now Rox is a seven-players team. T-mac is playing with his injured back and Deke and Howard are not energetic 'cause of their age. I'd rather believe previous wins were some kind of miracles. Why does JVG always refuse to use V-span or Wells? why??? :mad:

2. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

What does it matter that we are "undermanned on the road against the team with the best record in the league"? The Rockets had control of this game up until the point at which JVG was outcoached.

Avery Johnson made adjustments to counter what was working for the Rockets. JVG failed to counteradjust. Because he can't.

We have one of the best records in the conference because of our players, namely T-Mac, Howard, and Battier, not JVG.

JVG's coaching (or lack thereof) has been passable for the majority of the season and downright horrible at times.

I say nothing when we win because this team with it's talent should win the majority of the time. When JVG's ineptitude costs us an easily winnable game like it did tonight, you bet your ass I say something.

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i forgot, the players are the reason we win and the coach is the reason we lose. :rolleyes:

i'm not getting in another jvg debate, it's like talking to a couch.

4. lovemtracy

lovemtracy Member

Really feel upset for tmac. He played 40 mins and got 45 points, but he did not get enough help from the other players. From his words, I knew he felt too disappointed, he must miss Yao, his big fella. If Yao was on the court, Tmac would not be so tired, and the Mavericks center would not score so easily. Hope there's nothing serious with tmac's back. Hate JVG, he played tmac too much.

5. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I agree 100% ... Houston with Yao, Bonzi and Kirk would make it a whole different game! If we can play this good without those guys, I can 't wait to see them back on the court! But I also saw that Head and Battier sucked this game ... :rolleyes:

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Wow, if any of you get bored you should check out what some Mavs fans are saying about the game on Dallas-Mavs.com. You would think they're some kind of perennial champion or something with the amount of arrogance they speak with. Very cocky.....and dillusional.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not too dissapointed.
    When we see these dudes in the playoffs and we have all our cards, we'll take em!

8. egierczy

egierczy Contributing Member

What is this about T-Mac tweaking his back? Marc Stein posted some Insider article about it, but I don't have insider....can anyone fill me (and others) in.

9. slickrick

slickrick Member

did you watch the game deke was the reason we was getting second chance shots until dallas went small then he had to come out because george went crazy

10. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I hate Mavs fans just as much as you do I'm sure...but it would be the exact same way on this board if the Rockets were 32-8, and that's without almost winning the whole thing last season.

11. bbjai

bbjai Member

If you want what was in the article, someone already posted it for me in another thread, the one about T-mac having that LOOK on his face.

Anyway the only real concern for me at the moment was not the loss. Things happen. Watching Mcgrady do his thing over the last couple of games make me wonder, how will Yao fit in with him. sure people say he should be dumping his scoring mentality when Yao comes back. IS THAT REALLY THE CASE? If Yao was here at tonights game, what are the implications in terms of offensively? I think Yao and Mac playing at this type of level offensively will give scouts headaches but only if it blends.

12. krayziefl

krayziefl Member

I read the articles just a sec ago and i followed pbp in the chat room.

My post game analysis is as follows: NO WORRIES. With a healthy squad we will win from the Maves. The rockets got half a season to learn some more, get bonzi's and snyders role clear, insert Yao ming when he's ready and this team is good to go.

13. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Second squad no where to be seen on the score boards and we gave up to many easy layups, especially Dampier.Avery and his coaching staff probably reviewing our previous video and knows our weakness. I'm sure this guys reviewed our rotation very well and our biggest weak player on rotation is Mutombo. Good game and i have no problem losing but we weill face again in the playoffs! :mad:

#993 KALIKULI, Jan 17, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  14. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Shoot, is Tmac hurt again?

God damnit. How is going to even walk during a play-off series where you have to bring your A game all the time?!

15. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

Is there another coach who would live & die with his tired starting 7 and not use his Smurfs who pasted the Lakers for about 30 points a few weeks before? JVG's ongoing philosophy is that he can bend men, steel and the laws of the universe to his will. There is no such thing as back to back fatigue, there is no such thing as 4th quarter fatigue. There is no such thing as a mismatch against his starting 7.

His doctor needs to inject some happy sauce and a dose of reality into his med mix.

We can kick butt on the lowlifes right now with the Magnificent 7, but come on JVG we need the Smurfs against the Mavs to deal with mismatchs and fatigue. Avery just kept throwing fresh bodies against us and wearing us down. What was it - two minutes to blitz us and take away the lead?

:rolleyes:

16. Pringles

Pringles Member

the one thing i hate is when our game was close in the 4th quarter dirk starts flopping. that pised me off. the ref has a part to do with this loss. but i'm not mad at this loss. we were in this game for 3 and a half quarters. with yao, we could have won easily.

17. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

when yao is there to pluck one or two of dallas' defenders out of tmac's shorts. in the second half they sticking to him, literally

18. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

ah, bbjai, in your statement lies an argument that has been tackled many a time by others. they say that JVG has not figured out how to fully maximize both yao and tmac's talents together. he hasnt figured out how to successfully blend them, which i think is semi true. but, hey, JVG's the coach, and i'm sure he has so a lot more insight than me, so until he does something i interpret as utterly boneheaded, i'm not complaining. i would like to see our dynamic duo at the very best level they can be, and i hope they show it to us come playoff time

19. rocketsmetalspd

I need to vent. I was hearing Sirius NBA Channel 127 and these guys were having a hard on for the Mavs on how well they are playing and how they took care of the Rockets. These bozos never mentioned the fact that the Rockets played without Yao, Bonzi, or Synder. :mad:

I can't wait till the Rockets have their true lineup in and will see who is the better team. I still believe the Rockets can handle the Mavs. I only wish JVG would address the Bonzi situation and either play or trade the guy. The Rockets will need a bigger C to spell Deke. I don't like the fact that Deke is playing too many minutes.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

V-Span is just sitting their on the bench......a nice little Ferrari resting in JVG's garage.

DD