1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The importance of the President

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hottoddie, Sep 14, 2001.

1. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

During this tragedy, I've been struck by the importance of the Presidency, which I've often taken for granted & ridiculed. It doesn't matter if it's Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr., Carter, Ford, Reagan, or whomever. Just the fact that we have a leader that stands strong & confident, with a conviction to do what needs to be done, during our time of grief & uncertainty. The President provides all of us a beacon of light to guide us during the darkest of times & make no mistake, we will get through this.

I can not even begin to imagine what would've happened to this country, if these cowards had been able to assasinate him in addition to the destruction of the WTC/Pentagon & murders of so many of our friends & family members.

This tragedy has instilled a renewed appreciation of the Presidency & it's importance to me & this great country.

God bless America & the President.

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Yeah, we would have <i>Dick Cheney</i> as our president??

<b>GOD BLESS PRESIDENT BUSH!</b> :)

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

A-Train! You post Count!! Its Evil!!!

4. hitman21

hitman21 Member

I agree, after a tragic event like this takes place it truly separates the men from the boys. We look to the president for leadership, and so far I'm behind him and I believe his efforts have been commendable. I hope everything that he has stated is true and that swift action will be taken.

5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

A-Train

Noooooooo!

6. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

There, ya happy?!?! I thought about making a big deal of my 666th post and possibly providing a link to a Satan Worshipping site, but I'll save that one for post 1000 :D