1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 1/7/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 6, 2007.

1. dn1282

dn1282 Member

mactacular

2. Rollazn

Rollazn Member

I agree. KG matchup abused us last time correct? We used Chuck Hayes/Juwan Howard last time. And neither one can stop KG. Mutumbo is too slow to gaurd KG.

Shane Battier is too small to play KG one on one I think. But maybe he can use his quickness to make it hard for KG?! Because although KG is taller than Chuck and Juwan... he's just as quick if not quicker than both of them. If we use a guy like Shane - i wonder how it'll come out.

3. teetime

teetime Member

We can't stop KG but we can try to contain him. Start JHO because at least the has the height and size to match. Minny is not a good 3pt shooting team so dare them to shoot from the arc and and have Shane or our guards help out JHO .. allow them to freelance and double team KG as needed.

4. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Lets put it this way, this is a different Rox team from the one that yakked a loss earlier in the season. The Rockets look rejuvenated with T-Mac back on the attack. Sure, we will hardly slow down KG but, Minny has no answer for T-Mac either. Force the Wolves to go perimeter shooting exclusively, play KG man up and sparingly bring the double teams. Make everyone else have to work for their shot.

T-Mac 50
    KG 30

Bottom line ... Rox 101, Wolves 89.

Lets stop Dallas' streak midway this month or thereabouts. :p

5. herson713

herson713 Member

keys to the game
    #1.. Dont let Blount get any wide open looks he beat the spurs with his shooting
    #2 Reb's win the backboard
    #3 feed tmac the ball hassel cant hold tmac

score rox 99 twolves 92

6. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Exactly. KG is their best everything, he's so vertasile that he can be a bigger magic johnson or an atheletic Jabbar in the post. All teams are scared of KG, regardless of win-loss record. Why don't we just let KG score as many as he wants, and play defence like crazy against his team mates. I'm just afraid that if we do it the other way round, somebody will go on fire.

Any ideas who's going to guard T-mac in this game? After reviewing the Wolves' roster, I'd say they will put Ricky Davis on McGrady, and leaving Trenton Hassell on Battier, giving 3 inches to Battier. If they do put Garnett on T-Mac as some people say, then it will be a field day for Mutombo, because Mark Blount is averaging a meager 6 rebounds per game, gastly for a center.

I'd say the Wolves will double team T-Mac much like the Clippers did to Yao, but when Head and Battier start making those three pointers, sag off McGrady and play him 1 on 1. I would put Deke on Garnett, and Juwan starting over Hayes, because the Wolves' front court are too tall, Howard guarding Blount, who is more known for his mid range jumpshot than a post up game.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

They'll probably mix it up if Tracy is rolling, like with Utah. But I'd expect Hassell to get most of the time against Tracy. He's their defensive stopper; that's what he's known for.

8. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I'll be counting on a win because if we can't beat the Pups then what chance are we against the good teams we have coming up.

McGrady is due to have a set- back game. Pray that its not this one.

Rocks win 96 - 92.

9. rocketgo

rocketgo Member

This game is in the morning about 4:30 (Beijing time), it's a pity I can't watch the online live cause I can't watch TV in my dormitory, my roommate is not a bball fan at all.
    Hopefully, 6 wins in a row. Come on Rox!

10. bubbachuck

bubbachuck Member

Houston 96:85 Timberwolves

Tmac 33pts

11. redeeming

redeeming Contributing Member

12. azjw

azjw Member

It's not gonna be easy to win against the Minnys on their home court. It's too cold up there and the flight time is too darn long. If they can fine tune their form somehow. They will have a real game. Otherwise, they will struggle against the home wolves. :cool:

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

The T-Wolves are one of the better defensive teams in the league, but I think we are clicking and no one has an answer for TMac right now. Win.

14. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

this is kinda of game that hard to predict: MINS can play really well and beat any team in the league. We also can beat time easily.

We will/can win: Number 6 coming !

15. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

Damn. Only ppmate covers the game, which I never had success before. Guess Yahoo boxscore is the way to go... :(

16. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

whoa, this game will be on at 3:30 pm? On the other side of the world, it's not good news. At least I'll wake up to see a big fat win for the Rockets..........

17. Omer

Omer Member

Awww, that's gay.

Only PPMate has it on, that crap hasn't been working for me for ages.

I hope it decides to magically work for me today, 3.30 is a good time since I'm not doing anything.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Don't forget everyone it is a 2:30pm central start time.......

EARLY EARLY EARLY....don't miss it.

DD

19. wolfsheep

wolfsheep Contributing Member

Thank you.
    I missed the Clipper game several weeks ago. Nice reminder.

20. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

yeah it is a pitty, this is one of the few games i can actually watch without losing a night of sleep.

p.s. the clutchfans Chat is also a good option to follow the games, i did that for years.