1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hawks @ Rockets 12/29/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 28, 2006.

1. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Word Fo Shizi

2. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

The guy is in the last year of his contract, got to do everything to keep his job ;)

I went to the Jazz site to check out how my Illini doing. Guess what, as 16th pick of the 2nd round, D. Brown has steadily got more and more play time from Slon, even in some close games. Slon is really a coach and a teacher.

3. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

I don't blame Jeff for sticking to his guns. The Rockets aren't the San Antonio Spurs just yet.

Jeff has given his bench guys a run. But, then the Starters aren't where they are supposed to be. They are still trying to Gel.

Maybe next year, Jeff will have more trust that his Starters will stay professional.

Just keep winning. So what if the Media, fans, broadcasters, or Isah Thomas whine about keeping the starters in. So Fricken What!!!

4. gogorocketsno1

Sorry for everyone who said T-Mac is done ;) :D .

P.S. JVG, please play Novak. He will be your savior.

5. docgundy

docgundy Member

Novak ain't ready.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

His first round pick, Ronnie Brewer, is severely under used though. He was expected to be rotation player, and possibly a starter. But he rarely gets extended minutes.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I read something recently about his inconsistent effort has him in Sloan's doghouse for now.

8. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Great game by T-Mac...looking good! :D

9. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

What the heck do you mean he isn't ready? What do you know that all the rest of us don't know?
    When you reply to this please keep in mind that he is only getting about 2 mins in playing time experience and that we selected him because he was a crack spot up three point shooter and great freethrow shooter.:p

10. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

[​IMG]

How Hawks defend Tmac....

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Are you watching him in practice? Where he gets plenty of time on the court?

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Have you watched Novak on the court? It ain't pretty. Just read some of the specific comments people have made about him here and you will understand what most of us have plainly seen about Novak that keeps him off the court.

I agree JVG could slip him in more but he isn't ready to crack the regular rotation.

13. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. docgundy

docgundy Member

Novak is still learning the system. He has yet to grasp the defensive concept and rotations, as well as the plays. It also wouldn't hurt to bulk up 10 lbs of muscle or so. He'll get a good shot as backup pf next year.

15. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

And Jazz fans were b****ing constantly about how he did not play Deron Williams enough last season. I guess Deron got over that and became a pretty good player.

16. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I agree. I mentioned earlier that I saw Novak walking around outside of a Best Buy here in Houston today. Take it for what it's worth, but I got about 5 feet away from him, and aside from his height, the guy looked nothing like an NBA athlete physically. There is no way he could hang with the other power fowards in the league. He is merely a situational and garbage time player for now.

He must hit the weight room and improve his defense and rebounding if he wants to play significant minutes. Until then, he should consider himself lucky to even see the floor.

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

CD mentioned how they got him into the weights room nearly immediately after drafting him. Maybe he's the type that doesn't really bulk up?

18. herson713

herson713 Member

great game .... is Sura coming back any news??? YAO I read he is getting a a doc to look at his knee on rox.com any news

19. qrui

qrui Member

great win! and thrilled to see tmac acting like the one we always love to see, although i was jumpy throughout. ;) praying he's ok all the time!

also glad to see jh stepped up. it's really a good sign of an elite team that you always have some one step up besides your superstars.

go rockets!

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

i love it... JJ held to 11 points.. i knew he could be stopped...

these last couple weeks show that the Rockets need T-Mac on the floor more than they need Yao...

Yao is a beast, but they need T-Mac's vision as a playmaker...

The Houston Rockets are going to be fine... the naysayers currently have ZERO ammunition