1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

White House was targeted

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocksMillenium, Sep 12, 2001.

1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Word out of Washington was that the plane that hit the Pentagon was meant for Bush and the White House. They even targeted Air Force One so they were trying to kill the President and other high ranking officials. NATO also said that when the terrorist attacked the U.S. they attacked the Alliance. Wrong country, wrong people to screw with.

#1 RocksMillenium, Sep 12, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2001
  2. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

They also have confirmed that Airforce One was a target as well. But they would not confirm the intelligence or what type was intercepted to confirm this.

3. RocksMillenium

Ooops sorry, I edited my post and added that at the same time you posted that. These terrorist are in serious trouble.

4. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

As bad as this was, imagine how much worse it could have been.

The 4th plane went down and imagine how many other plane hijackings where stopped or detered.

They surely had other targets and multiple attempts.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm sorry, but to me this just sounds like the administration responding to critics (of his own party) who wondered why he went to Louisiana and Nebraska before returning to D.C.

6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Many feel this isnt over. I don't think it will be over, but I think they are finished with this round.

You say they targeted Bush and the White House. Didn't everyone know he was in Florida visiting bubba Jeb?

I think the PA was headed towards the white house.

Also, about this "call" that was intercepted saying two of the four targets have been hit;

Well no **** sherlock? Does it really take a phone call to figure that out? Doesn't make sense for a well planed operation.

Also, there are mention of papers found in a trunk of a car. Personally, I think these guys were smart enough to destroy any remote evidence. Why would they need them? Proof for tax returns? Court of law?

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

The comments from NATO are particularly interesting. It is one thing to deal with us. It is another thing to deal with the entire industrialized world.

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure he went to those places at the behest of the secret service. I think if he had immediately returned to the White House, without any concern for his safety, it would have smacked of public grandstanding, as would releasing false facts like this only for the sake of public opinion, and while I am not Bush's greatest supporter, he is certainly not the devious, image concious type of 'typical kiss-the-baby politican' that would do that sort of thing.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Who knows what might have transpired if Someone wouldn't have had the sense to ground all flights .

10. RocksMillenium

The CIA made it clear that the White House wasn't safe. There were bomb threats there, there were believed to be planes headed there, and the last thing you want is for the most powerful man in the world to be in one place at one time. Not only in one place, arguably the most WELL-KNOWN place in the world. Trust me I wasn't one of Bush's biggest supporters, but he's the president, and I'm going to stand behind during this.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Ottomaton, I agree with you. I think Bush did the right thing yesterday...I just think this is a response to his critics on this, something I am not.

12. outlaw

outlaw Member

i don't fault him for it either. in fact i think the media was pretty irresponsible for saying where he was at/going. i know it's their job to inform but national security is more important than journalistic principles.