1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

V-Span about to get deported?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R0ckets03, Dec 26, 2006.

1. spydermex

spydermex Member

vspan just needs to work on his shot hardcore and a bit of pt....and hell be fine.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I completely agree, if he is not going to be playing, and his shot is pretty bad right now, then he should be sent to Austin to work on it.

Also, the position he translates to in the NBA is PG, and if he is not going to play behind Rafer, then he should be honing his PG skills in the NBDL.

The Austin Toros are 0-12 and the reason is that their guard play sucks....bring on V-Span.

I also agree that JVG is bothered that he was overruled by CD in signing V-Span.

JVG is in a contract year and that will make him even more conservative in approach to the game.

JVG is a coach that has a great attention to detail, BUT....is he a championship coach? Is he good enough to let some players learn while they play through their mistakes because it will make the team better in the end...ala Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli?

I think JVG is not willing to be a Popovich type, and let players learn on the fly....I personally think JVG is too controlling, and in the end it will cost the team....because a lack of creativity is easier to scheme against.

DD

#82 DaDakota, Dec 28, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  3. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

As soon as Span can make some shots and have fewer turnovers he will be on the court. I imagine he will be a solid rotation player next season if he continues to bust his ass in practice.

4. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

maybe it has a lot to do with how nervous he is on the court. if he gets solid 15 mins on the court..he will feel more comfortable.

and i hate the fact jvg is playing him at the 2 spot. u can't make a tiger into a cat. so r****ded.

5. herson713

herson713 Member

v-span is a nba player he played well in world games this pass yr he has gane we saw the d he is capable of playing he will be good

6. Rockfan94

Rockfan94 Member

I am afraid the answer to your question is yes. My biggest problem with him is that he is very clumsy in defense . His pick-n-roll defense is laughable-more like a kid chasing a grown-up in the playground.

I think his offense will come if he plays more minutes. However, being a defense liability he will never get many minutes.

Rockfan94

7. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

sorry to say but yes he does!! go back to the clips of games that he has played in and you'll know why... I've said this before and i'll say it again he still needs to develop and because of the situation Rockets are in the team can't afford him playing more minutes and getting more stupid turnovers.

#87 Riz, Dec 29, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  8. conquistador#11

I really thought V-span was having issues with his passport,when I opened this thread :).

I think given time his shot will come around.Defensively,My thought is if he can guard T parker against France,then he should be able to guard parker against the spurs.

9. stab

stab Member

JVG rarely plays rookies. He had to last year due to the slew of injuries last year. We had somewhere around 22 different starting lineups last year. We have more of a veteran bench this year and there just aren't enough minutes to go around that JVG is willing to sacrifice to V-Span. Plus is isn't easy for former Euro players to quickly adjust to the NBA game, especially after only a quarter of a season. The talent is there, we have all seen flashes of it. His time will come.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I thought he was found to be a terrorist.

11. DaDakota

Funny thing is that Allen Iverson had 10 assists and NINE turnovers last night......

So, even great players have bad games......in turnovers.

FREE V-SPAN !!!!

Maybe Rafer can have a minor leg fracture again this year.

;)

DD

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

When V-Span can completely dominate a game like AI, we'll take it.

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

thats low even for you Dak. :(

IrockU,

tell ya what...Ill give the board the vote

How should Rockets2K use his small amount of free time on this board?

1) Posting about what should be obvious to anyone who actually watches the games?(not just looking over the boxscore)

2) Doing the video stuff

I only got time for one of the two....which one should I do? :rolleyes:

14. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

What??? laughable???

His defense is the best part of his game right now and he is our best PG defender.

15. DaDakota

Winky guy R2k....WINKY GUY !!!!

DD

16. Fuse

Fuse Member

Exactly. What is laughable is Alston and Head's defense compared to Vspan's. If Vspan's is laughable, what does that make of the defense of both of our current point guards?

17. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Absolutly!
    Even more so in the case of Novak, who was selected because he was a great three point shooter and had a high FT %. Instead of developing this great asset JVG has crushed his spirit so much that when he is on court[2mins] he is trying to do all the things that JVG wants him to do. the only problem is that he is doing all of this to the detriment of his spot up three point shooting.:p :p

18. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Head is not a Point Guard!
    Our three Point Guards are Alston JL III V Span

19. Fuse

Fuse Member

We do play him as a backup point, and because of his size, he does guard the 1 pretty often.

20. IRockU

IRockU Member

1. I would like to ask you to increase your level of discussion. You don't know me and you don't know whether I only consider box scores or if I wath the games.
    2. I am stil waiting for you to correct me!
    3. If you have time to accuse others in this forum than you should also have some time to discuss in an adequate way!
    4. Concerning the videos: THis has nothing to do with this discussion!