1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch needs to do a better job

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by cenbo416, Dec 15, 2006.

1. cenbo416

cenbo416 Contributing Member

Clutch launched this Rockets site. I appreciate his idea and effort very much. Since I found out clutchfans.net, I come here many times a day to get Rockets, Yao, and TMAC (I like YaoMac and will make a tee out of it) information, to share joy, anger, sadness. I can't imagine what my life would be without this forum. But how long has this "The Back is Back" been hanging on the 1st page ? I really hope Clutch can do a recap, his own recap, every game, because I enjoy reading his. The 1st page should be updated after every game is finished. Furthermore, why all of a sudden the postgame analysis thread disappeared ?
    I'm ready to be scorched.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

My guess is because Clutch has a life, and this is just a side note for him, and we should all be THANKFUL that we have it.

Thank you Clutch !

DD

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

............in before the lock. (First time.)

So, how did you get to start threads?

4. mj10501

mj10501 Contributing Member

he's a contributing member.

IBTL nonetheless!

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Wow, what an ingrate.

Thank you, Clutch!

6. univac hal

univac hal Contributing Member

Lock? Nah, I have a feeling this thread is gonna be wiped off the face of the earth..

7. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

when it comes to this site, all I can say is... Clutch you da man!! I visit this site so many times during the day.

8. windfern

windfern Member

Clearly a misunderstanding here. I guess the poster expected that his contribution is not limited to being able to making and replying threads. I guess he was expecting that Clutch offers some Insider News regularly here.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I love clutch's articles also but to call him out because there aren't enough of them is r****ded.

Clutch is the man!!!!

10. cenbo416

I think Clutch can take criticism. That's how we make progress.

11. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

worst. post. ever.

12. ling ling

ling ling Member

Clutch has a life, but... the first page still needs to be updated.

My opinion is, Clutch should have a volunteer writing staff. I'm pretty sure there will be tons of people that can't wait for the opportunity.

When Clutch is busy, why not let the staff write up a summary of the game or updates of current events?

It may even act as their audition for bigger better paying jobs.

13. cenbo416

I would like to hear Clutch's response.

14. funky

funky Member

I would say Clutch is in no mood for updating 'cause we lost the last two games..

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Clutch & Crew do a damn good job with this site.

I do agree to some extent: the front page news should either be generic stories that have nothing to do with a game 3 days ago, or it should be updated after every game. There are some great writers on these forums that I'm sure would contribute game writeups for free.

Again, great job by the crew. I'd probably get a lot more work done at work if it weren't for this BBS. :D

16. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Things may not be perfect, but Clutch deserves a life outside of CF.net, and I appreciate all the time and effort he's poured into this site.

As far as experimented post-game threads are concerned, I think Clutch may have decided since fans still need a place to vent or rejoice after an exciting game -- win or lose, and since not everyone is as stoic and detached as durvasa, having a separate game analysis thread is not the best approach.

17. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Shouldn't this thread be in the feedback forum?

I like reading the front page but more often I just look at the score and then skip to the forum. If you want recaps and commentary on the forum there's more than enough here. I also agree that Clutch has a life and we should give him a break but I think the idea of having other Clutchfans write recaps every now and then. I enjoyed writing a recap from the T-Wolves game last week and reading Omar's report from the Wizards game so it might also be a good idea to have a clutchfan who attends the games write a recap.

18. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

agree

19. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

wrong forum

Hit the tipjar for your punishment.

Evan

20. VicVictory

VicVictory Member

Clutch is doing a great job. Although, I think some of our board members could use a lot of help with all the complaining and whining going on.