1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao leads in All-Star voting.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cato13, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Plus he was on team USA this year.. so that added to his "face time" for the general public

2. superden

superden Contributing Member

Hmm... It is called sarcasm. It isn't like we don't hear how people complain about Yao getting votes in China EVERY year.

3. pluto

pluto Member

some chinese fans are insane ,can they be more objective ?I am sick of them doing this evey year.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

when millions people voting same person, you cant say it's not an objective vote. There must be something objective about it. :D

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

LOL I was being sarcastic too! :)

6. pluto

pluto Member

I know something objective about it .these softheaded Chinese just know nothing about basketball.

7. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

I can't believe T-mac is still starting...wow.

just wow...we all know what's happening next.

8. Omer

Omer Member

Yes, thank you China!

I'm glad T-Mac is basically a lock for All-Star starter, just the way it should be.

Doesn't matter how bad he's doing so far this year, he is a proven all-star and never fails to entertain at the ASG. Everyone wants to see his off-the-backboard dunks and he simply excels in the presence of other star players.

9. redeeming

redeeming Contributing Member

That's like Axiom 1 in NBA nowadays~

10. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

I suggest that you pay attention about what you say and don't go too far.

11. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

watch your language

12. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

OMG, it's that time of year again. Who's willing to bet? IF somehow we ended up winning the championship, every starter on this team will be voted all star stars. Fans oh (Chinese) fans, why can't you be objective? ;)

13. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

from the completely random, off topic department of news...

at my job today I saw a casting call for a Yao Ming stand-in...

heres what they are looking for...

Ha! good luck finding that stand-in!

14. redeeming

Really, this is the first time I felt so sad when I'm surfing on Clutchfans!

It's not because I, as a Chinese, get insulted, but because I see how a "human" can be filthy that baldly!

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

What makes you think that?
    Homerism in sports is big here too.

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Ironically, we're now going to be subjected to the endless:

"How can an injury-prone, former all-NBA star get more votes than the 2-time MVP? The outrage!!"

You know it's coming. Never mind that Tracy McGrady is better than Steve Nash (slightly lesser offensively, much better defensively, thus better). Probably won't be a peep about Yao- it'll all be about McGrady's "unworthiness" if the voting stays the same because Garnett and Duncan are having great, injury-free years, as is Yao and Kobe (for the most part). In the East, none of the pundits will say a word about Shaq- not one, I bet. Shaq has "earned" to get the nod, yet McGrady hasn't. You can bet your life it's going to be that way.

And they'll use all kinds of stupid arguments, like, "Well, Shaq deserves to start the All-Star game despite his injuries because HE'S WON CHAMPIONSHIPS and MCGRADY HASN'T GOTTEN OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND." As if that has anything to do with the All-Star Game. I can almost bet that will be an argument presented.

The media really adds very little value to most of our views about our favorite players, teams, etc. It's just unfortunate that they have influence on the general public with their usual nonsense.

17. cenbo416

cenbo416 Contributing Member

Don't you vote for Yao ?

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Heh, no.

By this logic you could say that Ben Wallace and Yao Ming are equals last year, since Ben 's better on defense, or that Dwight Howard and Yao are at about the same level due to Howard's monstrous rebounding. We all know that Yao is much better than either, for the same reason we know that Nash is much better than McGrady.

Offense > defense, since great offensive players ultimately will be able to beat defensive players, ceteris paribus......

19. cenbo416

cenbo416 Contributing Member

You are on the edge of being kicked out of this forum.

20. redeeming

Clutch, you should do something about this, cause I don't think this is the kind of "freedom of speech" written in the 1st amendment to your country's constitution!

I really don't want more of my compatriots to feel sad as I did when they wake up and log onto Clutchfans in a few hours...

Do you?