1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 12/12/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 11, 2006.

1. testmojo

testmojo Member

I think Yao played the best of all rockets tonight. When he was shutdown, the rockets collapse. Hayes, Battier has no much impact on the game. Head was schooled by Kobe. Alston just nuh. Benches sure have lots of energy but they are too raw to compete. Without T-MAC, laker is a better team, they are better at each position except center. For denfense, hope JVG can learn from Phil how to defense at second half. Please small ball? Anyone better than Kobe?

2. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

Espn reported when Yao was doubled and kicked it to bonzi that it led to a to. BS, bonzi stayed on it and forced a to and roxs got it back. They told have the story.

3. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

\
    jjjjjjjj

4. chiorsung

chiorsung Member

3:20 Yao Layup Shot: Missed Block: Cook (1 BLK) ??
    No!!!, it was a foul!!!!!!! DUMB DICK did not call that obvious foul!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. jlwee

jlwee Member

Whether Phil Jax > JVG or PJ = JVG or PJ < JVG will be settle on this coming Friday!
    We will see how JVG adjusts! And I hope Yao and the rockets will beat the fakers in their home court (only if yao is guarded legally) :eek:

6. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

did he? i thought kobe came back when the rockets were down 2, 92-94. and the score never changed so i assumed luther stopped scoring. i guess i could be wrong, when did kobe get back into the game?

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

4 minutes left in the game, along with the rest of the starters.

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm sure it's been discussed, but the crowd was pretty awesome and LOUD.

I'd like to see that in every game if possible.

9. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

thanks, so luther scored 3 points after kobe came in. would have been 4 had he not missed his first free throw. sigh, if only they made their free throws

10. nahmorlah

nahmorlah Contributing Member

I think I just lost IQ points reading this. You mean Head was schooled by arguably the best player in the NBA right now? No way! Why...why that's just unbelievable! You mean JVG should learn the defense from Phil Jackson that allowed our bench to go on a 25-1 run? Also, please explain what the last two questions are supposed to entail. If you're asking why use small ball...well it seemed to have allowed for a 25-1 run so I'm not exactly displeased by it. If you're asking why not use it...well he did. The last one I just don't understand at all.

11. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Yeah..sure...
    I think the players need to learn how to shoot freaking free throws especially in clutch situations. At the end of the game Alston and Padgett should have made 2 out of 2 and instead Alston misses 1 and Padgett missed both...that could have given us the lead!!!

12. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I think you'll find it was head who went 1-1 and not alston. alston was'nt on the court in our comeback run. no coincidence either.

13. Hiroshikun

Hiroshikun Member

Man

Bonzi should give those cheerleaders breast-transplant. ;)

14. kikiscafe

kikiscafe Member

Don't know if anyone notice it, but I feel everytime Dick Bavetta is one of the referee, Yao will get into foul trouble and not getting call on obvious foul on him. Just look at the last Miami game w/ us. Yao got whack like "hackashaq" but no foul call. :mad: :mad:

15. Astockmarketgod

Dick Bavetta hates Yao...

the dude cant retire soon enough...

16. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

dang how the hell does he run with these guys?? he is like 96 years old.

but we should start logging who calls the fouls on yao. maybe we will see a pattern.

i dont want to start another thread bout the stuf below..

the nba is a joke. everything is to make money not to make anyone happy. i was talking to a friend the other day and he was like can u believe more than half of the teams go to the playoffs?

17. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

Without looking at the score, I think the Rockets were victorious in this game for the following reasons:

* We saw what Rockets team # 2 can do when they are given a chance
    * JVG realized that he has talent on his bench
    * We saw and for the first time the excited Bonzi with the rest of the team chearing for the youngsters
    * The fans in Toyota Center were going nuts supporting their team
    * Trade values for team #2 will increase with more games like this
    * JVG left the young team until the last minute and putting all his trust in them, something that has not happened before
    * We finally put a scare on someone in the 4th quarter trying to blow their big lead
    * Rockets competed without TMAC and Yao in the game and that is always good to know

18. Fierguard

Fierguard Contributing Member

We need more from Battier with T-mac hurt. More assists or points. I also want to see more of JLIII and Kill Bill as they seem to be better passers. A tough loss but an expected one, glad we did not fold bring the heart and the wins will follow.

19. zong

zong Member

If Tmac is not out, Wells could be traded after Jan.4 (?). It has been posted before. If he practices, he could get injured. That is a possible reason. Another possiblity is he need cut down weight before a practice.

20. zong

zong Member

Head is great again.
    Yao is great in a half, and bad in second half.
    Rafer is bad again, that is normal for him.
    Howard is great, why did he play more?
    Wells should not start from the second half, because he can not shoot, and slow.
    With or without Tmac, the outcome may be no much different, Tmac can not drive much, shooting is not good, he can do better job on Kobe, but it is not Kobe to win the game for them.
    We just can not win a big game (Spurs, Sun etc). Now it is a Laker.