1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rafer needs to be benched

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R0ckets03, Dec 12, 2006.

1. xtint1n

xtint1n Member

dude. stop bringing this back.

2. kublick

kublick Contributing Member

If we wanna Rafer being a shooter,why we just trade Mike James?

Rafer's problem is not shooting,he has become a shoot-minded point guard,that's horrible for Rockets...

3. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

A Yao only fan like youreself will commit suacide after seeing Iverson destroy Yao's career by he's ball hogging.

4. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

What made you think he's a Yao only fan?

He wanted to trade Tmac for AI. Obviously you don't like it, neither do I. But how did Yao come into the picture here? You have called someone name and I hope you are able to explain it.

#64 RocketForever, Dec 13, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  5. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

He's name is clearly chineese. besides that, only "yao only fans" hate McGrady like that fool does. every thread he popps up and put's this stupid idea forward.

6. RocketForever

So he's a Yao only fan because he's Chinese? Is that what you mean?

Have you read through the 'trade Tmac' threads? How many Chinese posters are there?

7. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Majority of Yao only fans want tracy out. it's just the way it is. most of the people who bash tracy or call others racist are, yes you guessed it, Yao - only - fans. pretty sad but it's true.

8. RocketForever

That's what you believe. Next step is to try to back it up with facts. This is the most popular trade Tmac thread lately. Now you tell us how many Chinese YOFs you can spot there.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=121453

9. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Yes, thats how i feel . most of the tracy haters here are yao only fans from what i've seen.

10. RocketForever

Alright that's what you feel. Since it seems to me you are not interested in trying to back it up with facts, I guess the discussion has to end here.

Oh, one more thing. May be you should do a search on the past posts of that guy and then tell us whether you still think your feeling is right. Actually, if that guy has to be given a label of either YOF or YOH, I think even the grandma of my buddy would agree that YOH is the more fitting one for him. :)

#70 RocketForever, Dec 13, 2006
  11. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

It may also be absurd to ignore how much faster the Rockets are in transition tempo with JLIII than Alston. Or that because of his quickness, Lucas can get inside the opposing defense, actually has a mid-range game and is minimally comparable to Alston at finishing around the basket.

So while Lucas has some obvious holes in his game, not recognizing how much impact he has simply by forcing tempo is equally absurd.

12. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Barring that Chinese=YOF crap, how can you say people who support trading TMac actually "hate" him? Based on your logic, people who supported the Francis-TMac trade definitely "hated" Francis, Mobley and Cato. Likewise, people who wanted to acquire Barkley certainly "hated" Cassell and Horry. That just doesn't make any sense.

I don't support shipping McGrady at all, but it's just disturbing to see so much bias against Chinese people around here. People need to realize that there are 1.3 billion Chinese people and they all have different opinions. As far as I know, there are quite a number of Yao haters in China. Oh, I forgot to tell you guys that I am a Hong Kong Chinese who became a Rockets fan in 1999 because of Francis and Mobley. Stereotype me if it's the only way to make you feel comfortable.

13. Manun

Manun Member

Rafer gotta stop thinking its AND1, unless u want to go back there rafer?

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes it does, because when teams leave V-Span open he will drive, forcing them to rotate over to stop it, and V-span will then hit the open man for a shot.

Rafer, well, he will just clank another 3 pter off the rim.

DD

15. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

^. Vspan with he's obvious rookie faults, atleast is'nt so one dimensional as rafer. with billy, you know he has the ability to attack the rim. drawing an defender and hence creating an open man for he's team. rafer is a brick machine.

16. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I do not agree that VSpan is not a PG

well, he is a pure PG that needs few more games to prove that

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

biggest downside for Alston is his ability to run to the basket, do a layup and eventually seek contact....he is too weak because of his body

what is he? only 170 lbs or something?...he gives the ball to Yao pretty good, I do not think thats a problem for him, he is just too weak

and btw his shooting touch sucks

I thought at the start of the season that he really improved, I guess it was luck, haha

#77 Amel, Dec 13, 2006
  18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Starting JL3 is absurd. Putting him in the rotation is doable.

Instead of changing the starting lineup, which would shake the chemistry of the team, JVG needs to yank Rafer and cut his minutes when he's not shooting or assisting well. If he continues to decline and never gets his act together, THEN maybe you can pull him out as a starter. It's a long season, and with JL3 and V-Span nowhere near ready to be starters, Rafer should continue opening games, for now.

19. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I am a huge John Lucas III fan, but he never goes left. He drives right every time. He's probably the fastest player in the league and I would love to see him get more minutes (especially with Yao out) to force tempo, but he would work as a starting point guard for exactly one game. That tendency would make it through the league's scouting circles so fast that Lucas would be running into help defenders his first possession of his second game.

20. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

so lets just trade everyone, sounds like a plan to me :rolleyes: