1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Yao will have tough time stopping me" said Eddy Curry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Champ06, Dec 11, 2006.

1. sun12

sun12 Member

Knicks always have lots of money to throw around. If Curry gets closer to Yao, that team is going to have a center piece. The owner will throw a lot of money to make the team better. David Lee is a good PF, Q is a good SF, they probably need a defensive stopper, but they will spend the money without worrying about the Luxury Tax. The Rox, on the other hand, does not have the luxury. I think Isiah Thomas must be very happy now.

2. cenbo416

cenbo416 Contributing Member

Dampier would love to take Curry as his little brother. LOL.

3. qrui

qrui Member

:confused: do you have something against tsunami personally? this just seems out of line. :confused:

4. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I dont really see anything wrong with what he said. He just wants to be able to play Yao again after getting owned twice and see what he can do. I dont see anywhere he says that hes better then Yao, or disrespecting him. To me it just seems he wants another chance to play against the best center in the league whose consistently made him his b****.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Curry's not really a trash talker - he's finally playing well and wishes he had a chance to redeem himself agaisnt the guy recognized as the best C in the NBA (who happens to own Curry). More of a compliment than anything else.

6. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Yum! Shrimp Curry!

-- Yao Ming

7. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Curry was fried in extra crispy last time Yao played with him. But atleast he think that Yao will have a hard time Stopping him in his dream. :eek:

8. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Pretty much anybody from NYC, I would say. :p

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

best centers in the nba:

1. shaq
    2. curry
    3. kaman
    4. dampier

judges: steve kerr, erick dampier, quintin richardson, eddy curry, and dwane wade.

10. MFW

MFW Member

Normally I hate throwing the term around, but tsunami is a certifiable YOH. I'm just there to put him in his place.

Few things vex me more than outright liars.

11. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

AND WHAT IS HIS TEAMS RECORD DUIRNG THIS BLISTERING STREAK THAT'S HE'S BEEN ON? 3-6, GET OUTTA HERE.

WE'LL SEE YA NEXT YEAR EDDY.

12. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

It doesn't sound too much like trash talking to me. :confused: If you gave that article to Yao, he wouldn't even pay it any mind because he's thinking how he's going to take on the Lakers with Kobe, Kwame, and Andrew "Give me the focking ball" Bynum.

How are we going to beat the Fakers without Tmac :confused:

13. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

I wish he would play him this season too. Yaos block numbers sky rocket against curry. a lot of ppl think yao has weak d, but curry makes him look like olojuwon out there just swatting the ball in his face. not to mention that curry has forgotten that he also has to guard yao, who will easily go for 20 and have curry in foul trouble.

14. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

What an idiot...The next time we could possibly meet is the playoffs, I don't think Miami will be there...We will of course... :cool:

15. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

The funny thing is Every season in Yao's career has been better than Curry's current season. Even with his 9-game outbreak.

I hope Curry continues to improve. By the time he's 27, if he's in excellent shape, he will be a top C in the league.

Right now, realistically, being better than Yao is a "shoot for the stars" kind of thing.

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

it doesnt matter what you think about tsunami, the sentence "Yao will have tough time stopping me" was never said by Eddy Curry...

it doesnt matter what Eddy implied, it doesnt matter what you interpreted...

and to reiterate what I, and others, have said, its a compliment to Yao Ming, the best center in the NBA...

17. Play_Smart!

Play_Smart! Member

Poor kid gets excited after having 9 good games. So he wants to challenge the best in the league. nothing else

18. MFW

MFW Member

Like I said, I don't know if you simply can't read, or are just stupid.

Yao cannot play better D than a whole team. Team effort > Yao. If a team can't stop Eddy Curry, neither can Yao.

I didn't intrepret jack. I told you and I'm telling you again what Eddy Curry SAID.

Maybe Curry just made a mistake, maybe the journalists took the quote out of context. Doesn't matter one bit. Based on the article posted, which may very well be one where overzealous reporters took the quote out of context, the thread title given by the threadstarter ISN'T MISLEADING.

19. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

Two more articles.

"Nobody can handle Eddy [now]," said Quentin Richardson, who anchored a defense that held the league's No. 3 scorer, Michael Redd, to 22 points on 8-for-22 shooting (but allowed guard Mo Williams to score 33).

"There's only one person in the league that's even big enough [Shaq] and he's hurt right now. I don't think [Yao Ming] can handle Eddy."

Yao did twice last month, but Curry's run began shortly after that.

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php...lRUV5eTcwMzU4OTgmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

Yet, after Yao Ming spanked Curry for the second time in 11 days last month, Knicks president/coach Isiah Thomas stroked him by committing to an inside-out, Curry-centric offense that Wizards coach Eddie Jordan describes as "pretty much what [Jeff] Van Gundy's doing with Yao ... 'Feed him, feed him and make it work, make it work.' "

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php...lRUV5eTcwMzM5OTAmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

20. ShakeYoHipsYao

You're wrong.

You're calling people who are right "stupid."

What does that make you?