1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 12/9/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 9, 2006.

1. newera

newera Member

Thanks, Yao. You gave me a wonder night!!!

2. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

So let JVG know ;) ;)

3. cenbo416

cenbo416 Contributing Member

I feel you. When Yao plays with passion or anger sometimes, he is truly unstoppable. Let's pray for TMAC. If he is OK, we are rolling and rolling.

4. Rocketsgogogo

Rocketsgogogo Member

5. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I'm not trying to be negative here, but I'm looking at the big picture. Can Yao perform like this against teams that get physical with him. The Wizards had nothing to offer on the defensive end against Yao. Great game, but I'm not convinced that he can carry this team in the playoffs. He just doesn't have the stamina to do it.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yao stepped up in the fourth, but don't forget that he was playing against their 3rd and 4rd string centers.

7. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Great game tonite. What else can we say about Yao, he has been everything we have hoped for and more. Tmac better be ready to play on tuesday, I am getting tired of this.

8. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Thank you for bringing sense to this irrational board, and cooling off this unnecessary europheria after a difficult win, espeically when we lost TMac during the game. So, we should be less happy because their 1st and 2nd string centers are not available?

9. abiko

abiko Member

How can I ignore this moron?

10. richter911

richter911 Member

11. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

Yeah, that turnaround jumper/fadeaway is what's keeping him from that next level. If he could some how master it like Jordan did - or maybe just close to it- then he really would be unstoppable.

That's a interesting point, not the stamina one because I think he'll be okay in that department but the physical issue. I think Yao's success will depend highly on how much leeway the refs will give to the fast and physical centers and fowards that give Yao so much trouble.

IMO, as hard as it is to believe, I think the refs will give Yao the benefit of calls most of the time in the playoffs. The reason why so many of these physical centers do such a great job with Yao is because they grab and hold Yao without too much interference (from the refs) but in the playoffs, it'll be a different story.

12. rocketsmetalspd

I hope T-Mac is able to played Tuesday. I hope he gets to rest the next two days. Yao was great tonigt along with T-Mac.

13. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

We should also be thankful our stats guy didn't bring up Yao's glaringly horrendous assist-to-turnover ratio and then break it down to per possession rank ordered back-to-back 4th quarter melt down, or point out Yao's production was really inflated because he breathed in way too much oxygen, compared to Dirk.

#573 wnes, Dec 9, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2006
  14. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Can you advise us who are the 1st string and 2nd string centres of the Washington Wizards ?? :rolleyes:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/was/roster

Yao Ming just OWNED and dominated EVERY of the centres of the Wizards. In short, the centres of Wizards sux !!!

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

If Yao doesnt hurry his shots, he can hit that J consistently. The problem is sometimes Yao's unable to get a good look at the basket because he is unable to shake his defender. That often resulted because he uses J as his bailed out move. I agree down the strectch Yao needs to do more catch turn and shoot with more confidence. That shot can be his goto move along with the hook.

16. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

3rd, 4th string center? Poor Yao, You just can not make some hater happy, First is O'neal was not on his 100%, then really no good center at this leagure, then these crap,when we enjoyed a rough win with 4 games in 5 nights, Yao carries this team at 4th quarter, with T-mac leaving early. A dumb brought out "3rd, 4 th string center", really nothing to say, :confused:

17. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Thank you........party spoiler !! :rolleyes:

Man....he played the full 4Q. He played the longest minutes of all Rockets ....... 39 minutes of play.

And it is a back-to-back.

What is more worth-mentioning is that he stepped up, and led this team to win after TMAC left the game with his recurring back spasm, shutting those critics' mouth that he can't lead this team to win without TMAC.

And did you see that last tough clutch jumper he made 11 seconds before the end of the game, virtually sealing off the win ???

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

Wizards 1st string and 2nd string bigs got hurt because of Yao. And Yao was playing out of his mind in the 4th, had George Muresan guarded Yao, Yao would've still scored at will. Haywood and Thomas wasnt doing much on Yao anyways, each was in foul trouble and that's the only way they could stop him.
    Yao didnt score much prior to 4th because Tmac was taking the load on offense. I think that's a great strategy by JVG. We should take our two stars take turns on offensive end, rather than reducing Tmac to a role player with some assists.

19. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

Haywood and Thomas were not out of the game due to foul trouble. They both got injured. One of them landed on the foot of another Wizard's player. :D

Thomas and Haywood had only 2 PFs each. The refs were not calling anything on them.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

I told you something was happening with this team, they are starting to jell, chemistry is emerging. I like what I am seeing, and, besides, any team wearing WNBA uniforms deserves to be beat. I don't think the TMac injury is like last year. Back spasms happen, I think he will be O.K., I certainly hope so, because the team is just now starting to get some traction.

I posted earlier that this team could not stop Yao, and, as usual, I was right. ;)