1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 12/9/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 9, 2006.

1. scotia

scotia Contributing Member

Yao and Head were great tonite!

2. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

Other then Tmac's injury, I got nothing to whine about the game.
    One of the best win this season so far.

3. qpx

qpx Contributing Member

Can we make TC to light off after 3rd Quarter every game? then we could win every home game. Yao needs the extra 5minutes rest. LOL :D

4. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

come on. we need both of them.

5. redeeming

redeeming Contributing Member

what a night, joy (for Yao's clutch) blended with worry (about T-mac's back)...

6. jlwee

jlwee Member

You live and die with your franchise player. If yao missed the shot it doesnt mean he sucks! The main thing here is whether he has the gut to shoot the game decision shot, i m glad yao did it and made it and that was f**king great shot! Whereas the "great" king James will usually pass the ball to his teammates in these type of situations!

Just when t-mac started to play great he is down with the back injury again :(

GOD BLESS T-MAC to get well soon!

Now, bring on kwame brown and cocky Bynum! :D

7. yaozhuxi

yaozhuxi Contributing Member

it is also funny to read the game notes from ...Wizards C Brendan Haywood left in the second quarter with a bruised left thigh, and C Etan Thomas departed in the fourth with a left ankle sprain. ... yao might be chained for more injuries to other C.

8. tslee98

tslee98 Contributing Member

I've never seen the Yao-Head / Inside-Outside game played to that extent before tonight's game. Usually it's just a quick pass down to Yao followed by a slash to the basket when Yao may or may not hand the ball off to Head. But tonight, they did a pick-and-roll and other forms of the two-man game. I was impressed.

What I'm most curious about, though, is who will step up on offense in T-Mac's absence (assuming he is absent for more than one game). There are a few viable candidates -- Battier, Head, Spanoulis, Novak -- and a complete darkhorse -- Bonzi. My money is on Battier.

9. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

Also

TMac was driving in like crazy today

thats also a good sign

but damn since he is injured now..i dotn know whether he should continue to do so..

10. chiorsung

chiorsung Member

I think this is very interesting.
    "Washington was whistled for three shot-clock violations in the first half. ... Wizards C Brendan Haywood left in the second quarter with a bruised left thigh, and C Etan Thomas departed in the fourth with a left ankle sprain. ... "

ET Thomas did a ok job on yao, (sure, there are a few fouls missed by the stupid refs!!!)

11. Man

Man Contributing Member

nice game
    close at the end
    but yao did well
    so did head
    and arenas is crazy at shooting. booth with a nice 3.
    juwan didn't look so great to me, but he probably did some good things.

12. cenbo416

cenbo416 Contributing Member

I love the last play that was well designed and executed. Major credit to JVG. It used all 24 seconds of the shot clock and resulted in 2-pts when it was very needed. Everything went so well. And we saw Yao's passion afterwards. I believe everyone likes that.

13. redeeming

redeeming Contributing Member

We don't need that kind of crappy hypothesis, just useless!

and yeah, that shot was damn good!

14. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

15. noize

noize Contributing Member

I hope we see more of this, minus Juwan.

[​IMG]

16. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

how can novak step up on offense if he never even sees any court time

we need a team effort to cover tmac's absence..essentialy all the role players have to have good games

17. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

That brought tears to my eyes.

18. choujie

choujie Member

Yao needs his turn around jumpers to be truely dominant.In 4th quarters,it's really hard to go inside and refs will let a lot contact inside go. Yao's unblockable turnarounc jumper can be a killer if they fall. And TOs will go down since he doesn't need to put the ball on the floor and that shot usually won't cause 3 secondes, offensive fouls etc.

19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Notables:

1. Rockets win a close one and don't collapse in the 4th, especially after Tmac goes out.

2. Yao was clutch! Not dominant enough? Can't take over a game? Isn't aggressive? On a back-to-back, in the 4th quarter, Tmac out, Arenas was going off, Yao stood tall.

3. Give me Head! Always comes up w/ crucial 4th quarter shots, and he did it again.

4. Tmac is back!?!? Second game in a row, and 3rd game out of 4, where he was the 'classic' Tmac we all know and love. He dominated when the rest of the offense couldn't get much going. Even better stats considering he left early.

5. Tmac's back!?!? Here's hoping that it's nothing major and he'll be back soon. I thought he was showing signs of turning the corner. I hope this incident doesn't bring down his confidence in his back again.

6. Hayes foul trouble, Howard comes in and doesn't skip a beat. Hopefully it's just a pair of off games for Hayes. Gotta appreciate Howard giving 110% (seriously, Howard didn't do this stuff when he was a starter).

7. One minor gripe: Alston again taking some poor shots in the 4th quarter with the score close.

20. kkuu

kkuu Member

All I wanna say is: God bless Tmac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This season is a big chance to us, Tmac----we can not lose you. Come on,my guy..... :mad: