1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are screwed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NJRocket, Sep 5, 2001.

1. treeman

treeman Member

MR:

At least delete some of the empty space in your sig.

It takes up too much space.

Carry on.

(BTW, this is the year that the 'Stros do it - here's to hope!)

2. kubli

kubli Member

im confused. is achebe saying its a good thing that Mo tore his achilles?

3. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

I think banging with huge big power forwards and centers in the league puts much more stress to you legs than slashing or shooting jumpers....Lets face it, he'll won't be the same player that he was, especially the first few years after he gets back...

This injury really limited his potential, that's for sure...

4. treeman

treeman Member

All this talk about "he won't be the same player he was before" is about as valuable as a pile of horses*it scooped up out of anyfield, USA.

Have any of the naysayers thought about the possibility that the guy might work on upper body strength/conditioning, as well as cardio work while he's rehabing? Has anyone considered the possibility that the guy actually wants to earn his $48 mil by staying in the best shape he can while he's down?

Yes, he will have to retrain his legs / ankles when he can. He will get used to lazy feet, and he will have to "unlearn" everything his ankles (and brain) learn the next few months. But those skills lie mostly in his head, and are not lost when a body part goes. He'll just have to reprogram the body part that's been regrown.

Have a little faith. If all works out well he'll have to fight to get his starting position back by the time he's recovered. I've no problem with that prospect...

5. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Optimism can be soooo rewarding.

Remember everybody...Manifest Reality...well, it couldn't hurt. :cool:

RR

6. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

It's funny that everything that I read concerning Mo's injury from a medical professional states that a 100% recovery is expected, after surgery. Then I read from various, learned cc.net posters that Mo will never be as good as he was...his potential is really reduced...his jump shot will turn into Shaq's free throw shot...

Of course, I shouldn't imply that an opinion from a medical professional should carry any more weight than that of our astute posters that surely know better.

If I did that, I run the risk of a Haven post, railing that just because they are professionals, we should still think for ourselves and come to our own conclusions. :D :D