1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do the Rockets stop the Warriors?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mordo, Dec 4, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

So how do the Rockets stop the Warriors? How would you defend them if you were coach?

The Warriors have defeated some of the best teams in the league.

Lakers
    Jazz
    Dallas
    Pistons
    Spurs

2. FFz

FFz Member

Stop Chewy and put battier on Richardson and you got yourself a blowout. I'm curious to see what Nellie is going to do against Yao. I'm thinking he'll prob go insane and try Dunlevy Jr. and give Chewy 25 minutes.

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

richardson isnt himself lately, that knee must be slowing him down.

i havent seen them play this year, but i know of their talent.

yao will get swarmed with size, length and athleticism.

Rockets need to take care of the ball and dont let the young team get off to a good start or it will be a long day

side note, i excited to see diogu. i've been a fan of him since his ASU days, even though im a wildcat, he was fun to watch. and a very nice guy to boot.

4. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

He'll put Biedrins on Yao. Biedrins did a damned good job on Tim Duncan when they played the Spurs. Yao is probably on a whole different level because his game incorporates power and strength while Tim's is purely finesse, but I think Yao should be fine.

Although, I could see Baron Davis eating Rafer Alston alive. No way Rafer keeps up with him. We just have to force Baron Davis to shoot the ball instead of driving.

5. rocketsmetalspd

To begin with most of these games were home games for the Warriors with I believe three of them were on a back to back for those teams. I have seen them play and they will not post a threat to the Rockets on Tuesday since it will be a back to back game for them.

6. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

rockets need to control the temple of the game. Not let warriors run their fastbreak games. Yao would run out fo gas if we are playing a running game.

7. wolfsheep

wolfsheep Contributing Member

We don't need to stop them. They have to worry about Yao the whole night.

8. THEDREAMSHAKE34

I believe you mean tempo lol but i definitely agree we need to stop them from running and only pick and choose when we do it

9. WNBA

WNBA Member

Don't forget we have a pretty good center.
    Don't START Novak.

10. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Vspan on Richardson.

11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The Rockets need to get a good defensive effort out of whoever guards Troy Murphy, because he seems to always play his best against Houston.

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Play good defense and rebound. Duh.

13. terse

terse Member

Richardson's sore knee kept him out of crunch time in Saturday's game against the Bucks. The Warriors lost that one. Maybe we won't see him on Tuesday.

14. kikimama

kikimama Member

Score more points than they do. On a serious note, get Yao the ball, keep deke off the court when Tmac is on the court, make shots because our D is good :)

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Rockets three point shooting needs to be on against the Warriors. They're going to play zone the whole game, probably. Don't expect Yao to factor in heavily in this game on the offensive end. If we try to force the ball into him too much, we'll probably end up with a ton of turnovers.

Keys will be limiting turnovers, transition defense, and stopping penetration from the likes of Baron Davis and Monte Ellis.

16. anitasri

anitasri Member

This will depend on Shane doing a bit more on the offense. Rafer keeping pace with Baron Davis- other that our defense will make them frustrated.

Tracy needs to show up!

17. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

This is going to be a 3pt shootout competition betweeen Troy and Supernova.

18. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

The warriors are not nearly as dangerous on the road than they are at home. We should have no problem beating them, particularly it'll be their 2nd of back-to-back games.

19. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

typo, thx for the correction

20. yowyao

yowyao Member

we can beat them..because we are the ROCKETS!! :D