1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Want Mcgrady to score more or pass more?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kingkow, Nov 27, 2006.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Who does TMac think he is anyway? The next Magic Johnson?

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I like Tmac as a playmaker. The problem is there isn't another Tmac on the roster to receive Tmac's passes. Tmac as a playmaker is kind of a luxury. One that we can exploit on some nights, but not on others when we really need his scoring punch.

Now, if we can get Bonzi in the rotation or if we could trade for Mike James so we would have a TRUE 3rd scorer on the team, then we could afford to have Tmac doing a lot of the passing and not so much of the scoring.

I think we are seeing already, but as Tmac gets older, his game will change. He probably will be more of a facilitator and less of a volume scorer. We have to anticipate this and adjust.

3. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Where is the "both" option?

4. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

From a typical fan's perspective, I would like to see T-Mac pick up on his scoring because it'll put up for a better show.

But in terms of W's.. I think for right now, doing what he's been doing with the assists will do. I wish T-Mac would have Billy's back and energy. OH God.. I'm getting shivers just thinking about it.

5. chenglug

chenglug Contributing Member

second that

Closer to the basket, better field goal percentage
    Should let Yao involed in every single play and if he gets tired, let tmac take over

6. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

as long as we win in dominant ways i dont mind. heck he can take the night off if he has to as long as we get a w. he has a rep. so he has all the advantages possible, they'll never stop sending double teams his way no matter how low his scoring average is. pass or score we win...

7. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

Agreed. T-Mackin's best interest is the interests of the TEAM. he can figure out which is best on a nightly basis, however, his scoring is necessary in the 4th quarter when the ROLE PLAYERS get shaky

8. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

What most people said, they're not mutually exclusive, you can be a scorer AND passer.

9. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

He could average 20/8/8 whcih would be nice and shoot a good fg%

10. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I said score more.

I am not saying for him to take more shots, just hit more of the ones he's taking. If he does, then our team is golden.

11. wangfeiapollo

wangfeiapollo Member

can't agree more, it all depends

12. Tyrant-Art

Tyrant-Art Contributing Member

can't agree more :cool:

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Neither. I just want him to extrapolate on what he's been doing. We're winning.

14. Center

Center Contributing Member

I want him to score more except when it comes to jackin up wild ass threes. In that situation he should pass.

15. yowyao

yowyao Member

like he said! ^^^

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Possibly Tracy Mc Grady is becoming a great Playmaker. Once he finds his shot and free throw, there is no reason why he can't be great at both.

17. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

This is exactly I want to say!! :D

18. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

assumig that none of the assists were 3's. Which is unlikely. Me I'll take 20/10

19. vizier

vizier Member

the question should be "will rox win more if t-mac passes more or shoots more?

20. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

when t-mac passes IMO we are as good as we showed this season, when t-mac scores, he is unstoppable, and he is great enough that he can carry us. I say t-mac takes over in the 4th quarter but passes in the first 3