1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will lead the Rockets in scoring?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ZRB, Aug 28, 2001.

?

Who will lead the Rockets in scoring?

1. Steve Francis

58 vote(s)
    51.8%
  2. Cuttino Mobley

29 vote(s)
    25.9%
  3. Glen Rice

10 vote(s)
    8.9%
  4. Kelvin Cato

11 vote(s)
    9.8%
  5. Eddie Griffin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Maurice Taylor

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. ricealum

ricealum Contributing Member

I agree. In addition, the presence of Glen Rice will probably make everyone's ppg drop. I would expect to see Rudy ease Rice into the lineup and sooth his massive ego by making him a primary option and asking Steve and Cat to improve their assists and Mo to improve his rebounding. You don't have to score 20 a game to be an important player or a starter, unless your name is Glen Rice. He might even lead the team in scoring. In fact, if he doesn't, he'll probably lead the team in pouting.

2. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Whoever leads in scoring, it is going to be a bunch of points. These guys should be one of the highest scoring teams in the league.

It should come down to who the opponents think they can "let" get their points without jeopardizing their ability to beat the Rockets, i.e. give Rice his 24 points so he shoots the Rockets out of the game on a 12-26 night, or let Cat dribble all night to get 20 so Rice can't fire in 4 quick three's...

More than likely it will be Francis, I don't think Rice will take his points, more than likely Rice will get some of Taylor's and Cats...