1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JVG needs to get off his high horse

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikezamir, Nov 15, 2006.

Tags:
  1. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

First, I don't think I mentioned defense, so that was a total assumption on your part. Second, as someone less familiar with JVGs system, it would be easier for him to make mistakes in any aspect of the game than Scotty the Body. That he has advantages in other areas may or may not make up for his lack of experience, both at the NBA level in general and in Van Gundy's system in particular. In the opinion of the only person that gets to make those decisions, right now Scotty gives the Rockets a better chance to win. When we lose games, blaming the coach is the easiest thing in the world to do, but it is awfully presumtuous. There is probably some reason that the Rockets pay JVG millions of dollars and we are discussing it for free on a message board (though this is not to say that professionals are infallible, or that they will always make better decisions than we would, only that they have both more information and more experience available)..

2. Aloe

Aloe Contributing Member

Any coach will tell you that it's not the same thing as real game action. Look, this great Rockets defensive team has already lost 3 of their 7 games. Why not try the rookie. If it doesn't work, fine.

3. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Like it or not, JVG is the coach -- this year. Let's just hope his contract is not renewed and move on. IMO, this is a topic for next summer.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

His performance so far on defense has been much worse than Padgett - who is not even good to begin with.

5. mikezamir

mikezamir Member

You seem to be the one that is uninformed. First, Bonzi never said that he wasn't in game shape. I remember him saying that preseason wasn't that important as he is a veteran and that he would be ready for the season opener. He has said he is ready all along and has been frustrated with not playing more than a few minutes in a game. Please show me any articles which document that they are on the same page. You need to get off your couch and quit attacking other people's threads. I am informed to the degree I can be. Unfortunately, big quote JVG hasn't been saying much of anything about Bonzi. You never hear about anything on this matter. It's worth bringing up.