1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Battier/Gay trade revisited after 1 game!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zacatecas, Nov 1, 2006.

1. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

to hold the gatorade :eek: :confused: [​IMG]

they can just hire her to pass out gatorade, its cheaper and easier on the eyes

Battier is bettier than gay

2. Rockets Dynasty

Please let's not keep up with this because if we do we will just be in pain.

People it was a bad trade, we got hosed, we got punked in the deal, forget it, drop it, let it go already.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He only played 38 minutes.

Yes, it was triple OT, but it's not like he played 57 minutes.

It's not the numbers, it's the way he played that was impressive. He was active and aggressive - especially with the game on the line - after all we heard was that he was too passive and tentative.

4. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

are u serious? set the same standard to Tmac and Rudy? a 9 yr vet allstar and a kid who just played his 1st ever NBA game?

5. Rockets Dynasty

It was obvious from the start few fans here had any idea just how damn talented Gay really is.

Look everyone, there are FEW abd FAR between as talented as Rudy Gay.

He could end up being one of the most dominant perimeter players in awhile.

6. #1rocketsfan

#1rocketsfan Contributing Member

God are we really gonna do this all year? GET OVER IT. this is the team we have, like it or not, so get used to it. I will lose my mind if I see this same ridiculous post after everygame where gay has a decent game.

7. Rockets Dynasty

EXACTLY

and the truth is he's going to be a hell of a player so people might as well just get over it already and let it go, it was another stupid trade by the Rockets, one of many.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Like it or not....our best team is the one with Battier on the floor. He MUST stay out of foul trouble. His foul trouble was key in the loss tonight.

9. lalala902102001

With TMac on the Rockets, Battier fits better than Rudy Gay. This team is built to win NOW, not five years down the road. If we win a championship in the next three years, nobody would bring up this trade any more, at least not on the GARM board.

10. Rockets Dynasty

Rudy Gay is better than Battier already, wake up.

11. zksb09

zksb09 Member

We're definitely battier after the trade.

12. awo86

awo86 Rookie

diu!

that's what i've been saying all along. its a good trade for both team, but it simply is favoring the griz in that we didn't get enough in return. Juz don't dp trades wif west.

13. pettinati

pettinati Contributing Member

There needs to be an age limit for the internet like there is for the league.

14. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Agree 100%.

If we don't pull a ring in the next 2-3 years, we are without a doubt owned on this trade.

I think Gay will be a friggen MONSTER. He was a beast through 30 minutes (I think all his stats other than 2 points or something) and then I think last 10 minutes wore him down a little (with conditioning this will be fixed). If we don't win soon, I really expect big things from Memphis maybe as early as next year if Gay keeps playing like he did.

15. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I agree on the championship in 3-5 years, but if we don't win I still believe that Gay would fit the team better. :eek:, I know very few people would agree but look at these facts:

1) There are very few "power" forwards in the league. (and even teams that have them, for example: spurs and jazz, have a weak center so yao and gay could switch D duties), so Gay could match up on D better than Battier.

2) Gay is Athlethic, 6'9" but 7'2" WINGSPAN, that means he has 2 inches of length on Dirk if he was to guard him, which would be hugely advantageous.

3) Gay is younger and quicker and I believe he has just as much BBall IQ as anyone, people said that alot of Battier, but no one mentioned that Gay is also really smart, what he did to defer in UConn was what they asked of him and he very rightly did so, seniors deserve priority on a team that was as talented as UConn.

I think the Gay trade was unnessary to win in the next 3-5 years, i think it could have very easily happened with him, but what to I know I'm not a gm. :).

16. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Rudy Gay is simply amazing. He started out very nervous (3-12) but then settled down and hit some clutch shots, played very good defense, and defended the hoop (4 blocks).

I said it would take months not years to reveal this trade and I will be proven correct. Rudy has already established himself as the go to guy on our team with Pau out.

Oh, he is already better than Battier. You keep the intangibles, we will take the 18pts/6 boards/2 assists/1.5 blocks/1.5 steals per game.

:p

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I should also add that Battier is overrated defensively. Most of the time his idea of defense is trying to step in to take charge. He is not a great one on one defender as people make him out to be.

Rudy is going to be a Scottie pippen kinda player when he was on the Bulls. Versatile, do it all on offense and defense.

By end of this year, Rudy Gay >>>> Battier.

Rudy would have been the perfect link between Yao and Tmac, but JVG went with his "type" of player.

18. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Well you won't have triple OT games against the Knicks every night... this night meant nothing to knowledgable basketball fans, any player can put up numbers as the sole option of a weak team. Ala Ricky Davis on the Cavs, James Posey on the Nuggets, the list is endless. Gay is impressive, but it's going to take more than a year for him to become a consistent option and shoot anywhere over 45%. I'll take Battier on the Rockets for the next 2 years.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you guys are forgeting something...
    Memphis played THE KNICKS.
    yes THE KNICKS.

20. BoogeyMan888

BoogeyMan888 Member

As much as I like Shane Battier, he's NOT a power forward!!! He's a small forward, damn it!!!!! JVG, you're STUPID!