1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Novak Nickname Final Vote

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by m_cable, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Well Red Rowdies, here is your chance to make Rocket history....

From what I understand you all are having a lot of influence on the games and are getting your voices heard. Therefore throughout this season you all have the power to make any nicknames stick. The louder and more often you chant, the more it will be recognized by the likes of Bill and eventually ESPN.

Either SUPER-NOVA clap clap clap clap clap (with the same beat as "lets go Rock-ets")
    or
    Nov-a-kaine Nov-a-kaine! I guarantee if you keep it up it will be heard and will be used

2. docgundy

docgundy Member

How about just Supernovak?

3. double d

double d Contributing Member

How about just Novak? This nickname thing is getting a little old....

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I voted SuperNova which I like. But there were a couple of others that I just can't let go of. In my own personal usage I will have to interchange Supernova with Dagger +3, and Jack Tripper.

5. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I could hear them on TV chanting Novakaine during the last game. I also heard them chant Dallas Reject but that was for Finley.

6. SilverSaint

SilverSaint Member

what about "SureShot"?

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Steve "WHITE BUTTER" Novak

8. Old Man Rock

Steve "WHITE MONEY" Novak

9. SilverSaint

SilverSaint Member

or how about "flamethrower" "the flame"

10. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Sounds high on cane rather than high on 3's! You know what i mean.

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

"Bingo" Novak

Can't you hear Gene Peterson?

"Rafer floats it inside to Yao, here comes the double, Yao to Shane in the corner, around to Bingoooooooo..................BINGO!"

#111 jopatmc, Oct 24, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  12. cheng-dn

cheng-dn New Member

if u play the game-diablo II,u must remember "NOVA"!

13. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

LOL...so true. I think I'll save my vote for such an occasion as well. The thing is that m_cable used only 2 poll choices because he wanted a definitive winner, but if you ask me, that makes even harder to get a clear winner. Especially since a lot of people are just picking the lesser of two evils. I know it only came in 3rd place in the initial voting, but I have a feeling that "The Natural" would be leading this poll if it were included.

One suggestion I saw several posts up from this one was "Sure Shot". That is by far the best suggested so far, for many reasons...

- it requires NO explanation...everyone gets it right away
    - it sounds cool
    - it rolls off the tongue: "Sure Shot Steve Novak"
    - it opens up the possibility of using a snippet from "Sure Shot" by the Beastie Boys everytime Novak hits a shot, just like they play a snippet of "Skip To My Lou" for Rafer. The only difference is that Sure Shot wouldn't be annoying.

I call for an ammendment to the voting choices! :D

14. Rockets kupo

Rockets kupo Member

silky johnson

15. RedRowdieGirl

RedRowdieGirl New Member

NOVAKAINE -- gets my vote.

Any other Rowdies out there? What are YOUR picks?

16. camp77

camp77 Member

I totally agree! I think it's kinda funny everyone is sooo in to giving Steve Novak a nickname. The kid is an unproven rookie who's not even starting. Not many bench players have nicknames...especially rookie bench players.

17. Old Man Rock

Silky Johnson that's the ticket... I vote for...

"Silky Johnson" Novak

18. BrentStl

BrentStl Member

It seems a little early to be nicknaming the guy. I like him, but he hasn't even played in a regular season game yet. Just how hard are we all trying to fill the Nachbar void in our hearts?

19. dookiester

dookiester Member

hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I heard the 'novakaine' chant in the last preseason game and it sounded REALLY lame. a nickname that makes people think 'pain-killer' necessarily means they aren't thinking about how deadly novak's shot is and how painful it is to the opposing team. it seems to inspire exactly the opposite of what novak does. it would be cooler if his nickname actually had something to do with his game.

20. dookiester

dookiester Member

maybe just shouting NOOOO....VAK everytime he scores to rub it in the opposing team's face, like they're screaming NO when they see him get the ball, and then their hearts sink when he rips it through the net. i think that appropriately describes the pain we're all hoping novak inflicts on the league this season.