1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Petition to ban ZRB!

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by R0ckets03, Mar 9, 2001.

1. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

No where in any of my post have I suggested he be banned. I have asked him to leave on his own.

My beef with ZRB, and this started a month or so ago, is that he spews his negative crap in every thread. One morning I got online, came here first (as always) and the first three threads I read had ZRB bad mouthing every aspect of the game the previous night.

You say if I don't like his posts, then don't read them. Gladly. But he is in every thread. To me that is a troll....someone who post crap just to get a reaction. He even said it yesterday: "Go ahead, flame away".
    He knew his post would invoke these reactions from us, that's why he did it, less than 24 hours after he promised he would stop it.

He's a troll and I wish he would leave.

------------------
    Behad
    Sergeant at Arms of the Clutch BBS

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Mango why dont you kiss my a$$! I might have made a couple of mistakes, but I dont think that warrants getting banned. Clutch punished me (deducted 50 posts) when he thought it was necessary. Your policing crap is getting annoying as well. You are not an andministrator, so quit acting like one. Get a life. [​IMG]

------------------

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Hey, you should get a life. You should be banned for starting such a stupid thread. At least all my threads have been relavent. This is stupidity. Fun stupidity, but still stupidity.

------------------
    I'm the most positive Rocket fan in the world.

4. R0ckets03

ZRB is going to tell people to "get a life" now? What is this world coming to? [​IMG]

------------------

5. R0ckets03

and you should be the last person to complain about the uselessness of other peoples thread.

------------------

6. rock

rock Member

Oh really? I would call this stupidity.

<a href="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/php3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20849">http://bbs.clutchcity.net/php3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20849</a>

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Dang, rock, you've been waiting quite a while with that itchy trigger finger before you finally pulled, huh? :D

8. RodneyMcCray

RodneyMcCray Member

I disagree. I think posters such as you, Behad, and the Mobster drive far more lurkers away with your cliquish, condescending attitudes. I am not saying that you don't have some fantastic posts, because you do. The difference is that Z is harmless, and if you don't like him, don't read him. On the other hand, you guys attack posters personally, sometimes for their attitudes, and other times for their opinions.

That is just my opinion, whether you like it or not.;)

9. Band Geek Mobster

What are you talking about?

I'm a ray of sunshine...

10. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Wow, I haven't read this forum in a few days and boom, this huge thread blows up.

I just want to voice my support for ZRB.

Early on, I was one of the first to publicly make the <a href="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/php3/showthread.php?s=&postid=96777#post96777">Turn and ZRB connection</a>, and I know that he and I went at it a few times there during the "Turn" days during Game Chat.

And, I think he's WAAAYYYY over the top on many political views, but eh, so what?

But I have come to consider ZRB among the "top 10%" of the BBS posters. Despite my disagreements with him on Hakeem issues and Cuttino Mobley issues and political issues, I put him as the most improved poster of the year, and I think he adds as much flavor to this BBS as almost anyone. ZRB posts with a passion that is difficult to emulate on a computer BBS, and he also posts numerous insightful, well thought-out posts. Especially compared to the drivel that some write here (like what I'm doing now . . . or this thread).

I know it's not a question that ZRB would be banned or anything like that, but I just thought I'd put in my two cents and commit myself to ZRB's corner . . . that is, until the season starts, and he starts calling Cuttino a no-talent bum again ;)

11. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Vengeance,

<A HREF="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/php3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20849">Does this thread demonstrate common sense?</A>

Mango

12. Vengeance

LOL . . . hey, even though I know it's a bandwidth waster, and a stupid poll, I actually found it kindof humerous.

YOU KNEW someone was gonna do something like that sooner or later . . . who better than ZRB, the BBS' whipping boy :D

But you do have a point Mango :rolleyes:

13. Vengeance

And only now I realize that this thread is like 5 months old . . . I was wondering why it was "heypartner" and "behad" . . . well, despite that STUPID "Poll Poll Poll Poll", I think ZRB's posts have steadily improved, despite some obvious dumb ones. But hey, we all make our mistakes, right?

14. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Vengeance ,

I know that you are aware of various BBS performance & usability issues that are often posted in this Forum. There has been a request for lengthy sigs to be pruned and not to do the <i>free post</i> thing.

ZRB undoubtedly knows about all of the things that I cited above and he still started a Jr High type thread about Polls. Does willfully doing that show respect to Clutch who has made requests to use some prudence on the BBS?

I am not an Admin or a Moderator (I don't love Mo enough), but I seem to have a decent feel for right and wrong on this BBS. Will ZRB get kicked in the near future? I don't know the answer, but it is a shame that Clutch has to be babysit people like ZRB when he has so many other things going on in his life.

I remember the wars with people when I would continually prod them to do the right things on the BBS instead of the wrong things. They would give the spin about its the 'Net and anything goes, get a life,.... blah, blah. The Venture Capital fountain and the IPO market have dried up and commercial 'Net ventures are now required to have some rational basis before funding. Things are slowly going to be rationalized on this BBS and it is much easier on everybody if we handle it ourselves than having Clutch & Associates hammer common sense into people's heads.

Mango

#74 Mango, Aug 14, 2001
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2001
  15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You are taking things way too seriously... :rolleyes:

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I tend to agree with Vengence. ZRB is really not a troll in my opinion. He doesn't belittle anyone or make anyone feel bad. He just post some stupid things sometimes.

We all like LHutz, and he is no doubt an alter-ego name, but yet we dont critize him.

He may waste a little bit of bandwidth (and from what it seems on the new board, it only matters per thread) but I don't see people lashing out against those who make these stupid trade suggestions, or treat the board as their instant message/email service.

I would much rather him than a BBS clique, which Vengence described perfectly!

17. rock

rock Member

<a href="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/php3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12894&highlight=petition">The First Warning</a>

That was very clear.

:rolleyes:

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Damn, never thought Vengeance would go on my ignore list... :D

Considering there are over 3000 registered users of the BBS, I'll agree ZRB is in the top 300. Especially considering only a few of those are regular posters. :)

Boy I'll say. :rolleyes: ;)

Especially compared to the drivel that some write here (like what I'm doing now . . . or this thread).

I know it's not a question that ZRB would be banned or anything like that, but I just thought I'd put in my two cents and commit myself to ZRB's corner . . . that is, until the season starts, and he starts calling Cuttino a no-talent bum again ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

19. Vengeance

LOL, are we going to start an ignoring war now DOD? ;)

Out of curiosity, where is ZRB? Did he get banned? I haven't seen him post in a while . . . but then again, I'm not paying too much attention lately.

20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

ZRB posted in the fantasy forum last week that he was going to be in California for a few days on vacation. That's why he isn't posting.

I probably disagree with ZRB more than anyone, but he should not be banned. If you guys want to go on a banning spree, I can give you a ton of posters who should go before ZRB. That poll thread was a mistake, but who hasn't made one? Give the guy a break. He's a passionate fan who loves the Rockets. His views often differ from the majority, but that is tolerable. He could use toning down, but talking to him is a better solution than banishment. As much as I argue with him, I respect him because he wants what's best for his team. His idea of that is different than many of ours, but differing opinions is what makes the BBS enjoyable. He's not out there with the intent to be a troll and annoy people, imho.

If you guys want to ban someone, how about concentrating your efforts on the authors of these threads?:

What the f*** is takin too long!

Rockets fans, GET YOUR CEREAL BOXES!

Tim Duncan a Rocket?

Did Rice pass the physical or not?

What IF?

10 observations about Steve Francis

Try banning some of these posters first... I'd say their negative effect on the BBS is much greater than that of ZRB.