1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Hill - Surprisingly good new Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SuperKev, Aug 10, 2001.

1. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Information from ESPN:

Kyle Hill
    Selected by Dallas, Round 2, Pick 15 (44th Overall)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    College: Eastern Ill | 2000-01 Statistics
    Year: Senior
    Height: 6-2
    Weight: 180 lbs.
    Position: Guard
    Birthplace: Summit, IL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Highlights

First-Team All-Ohio Valley Conference selection as both a junior and a senior

Eastern Illinois' second-leading scorer with 1,926 points

His 23.8 ppg as a senior ranked second in the nation, and his 737 total points last season led the OVC and are a single-season EIU record

Scored 20 or more points in 28 of 31 games this season

Totalled 99 points in three OVC Tournament games
    Scored 32 points against eventual national runner-up Arizona in the first round of the NCAA Tournament

2000-01 SEASON STATS
    G MIN FGM FGA FG% 3PM 3PA 3P% FTM FTA FT% REB AST TO STL BLK PTS
    AVERAGE 31 33.6 8.1 17.0 .474 2.8 6.4 .434 4.9 5.8 .839 4.9 4.0 2.9 1.5 0.7 23.8
    TOTAL 31 1042 250 527 .474 86 198 .434 151 180 .839 151 125 89 46 23 737

Could he make the team??? Looks good to me.

2. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

He seems solid enough, but I don't see why we'd keep him. Even though we renounced Shawn Colson, he's probably first option to sign for a 3rd PG, and we really don't need another . . .

I suppose we'll either cut him, or trade him . . . but who knows, maybe he's our Moochie insurance?

3. Drex22

Drex22 Contributing Member

I have seen a great deal of Ohio Valley Conf. games and the conference is not real strong. When the Murry St. Racers are a usual favorite your in a weak conference. This may be a factor in his numbers, but I forgot about his game against Arizona. He carried EIU and is impressive to watch. I say he makes the team, plays a little and has at least 1 or 2 15 point games off the bench, if Moochie goes (I hope not) he may get more time although he is really small and may have trouble playing the 2 in the NBA, and he didn't play the point in college. See my post in the Kyle Hall thread for more info if youd like.

4. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

Anybody remember Shawn Respert? I think it was Milwaukee drafting him. He too was a short 2-guard, about 6' 1". And when he was in college, he had monster numbers. But the NBA wasnt as nice to him, i don't know where the hell he is now. Hopefully Kyle has great handles so he can play the back up PG, cuz we don't want another undersized shooting guard (mobley).

5. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Backup Shooting guard?

We now seem really needy at that position now. His main drawback is his height but looks like he might be able to score.

Does anyone know how this guy did in the Summer Leagues with the Mav's???

6. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

He did okay in the Southern California Summer League but seem to have faded or not done as well in the RMR. Seem to be a scorer and can get by his man at will. Could be a good bench warmer and practice guy. We seem to have so many of these nowadays, instead of the damn limited Maloney.

7. booshan

booshan Contributing Member

Does anyone know where to find this kid's stats in the summer leagues?

8. ElGrandeQueso

ElGrandeQueso Member

Why did we get this guy instead of Kenny Satterfield? Also, it sucks to think Loren Woods was picked BEHIND him. A guy like Woods could really help us now.

9. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Obviously, the Mavericks thought more highly of Kyle Hill than they did Kenny Satterfield. They took Hill 44th before taking Kenny 46th.

Perhaps Kyle could be a better version of Colson for us next year. Besides, if we HAVE to have Kyle Hill OR Sean Colson running the team with the game on the line, we're in trouble. Here's hoping he can be another one of the boys in the lockerroom and give us a few nice performances off the bench at different points during the season.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

11. XXX

XXX Member

Is this guy's name Kyle Hall or Kyle Hill ?? (Seems like it keeps changing)

12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Trust me, we didn't want Satterfield. He's got great potential but then so does Cato. Satterfield should have stayed at Cincy for at least another year maybe 2. Anyone remember Dontonio Wingfield? He got drafted by I think Portland after playing 1 season at Cincy. He was supposed to be all-world coming out of high school and he had a decent freshman season at Cincy. Then, like an idiot, he goes out for the draft and is he still around? Of course, not. BTW - What is it with Cincy? They get all these good players out of high school and then they leave after 1 or 2 years like Wingfield, Dermarr Johnson, and now Satterfield.

13. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

Wasn't the 42nd pick the pick we owed Dallas in the Langhi/Najera swap?

If so, we got back our pick back...wonder if the front office had their eye on Hill the whole time, but didn't want to owe another pick to a team.

14. cson

cson Contributing Member

XXX it is hIll

15. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Terrence Rencher. Southwest Conference career scoring leader. Shoots with both hands. Israel Basketball League.

16. djbacklash

djbacklash Member

Satterfield completely outplayed Hill during the Summer League games. That's why the Mavs were willing to move Hill (he would have been cut otherwise). Satterfield still has a shot to make the team as the third pg (behind Nash and Hardaway, assuming Hardaway is signed), if he can beat El-Amin for it.

17. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Kyle Hill sounds like somewhere the Aggies would charge up on the way to a football game.

18. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

Kyle Hill makes Moochie and Sean expendable. Hill will be cheap.

Moochie has had one good season and is thinking too much of himself. Sean is a minor leaguer. Hill may not fair much better but he's fresh meat.

19. treeman

treeman Member

4.0 assists / 2.9 turnovers and 23.8 ppg - sounds more like a SG than a PG. We still need Moochie.