1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you a real Rockets fan?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by scyman, Sep 13, 2006.

1. 1Bowler

1Bowler Member

About 12 years ago my parents got me a houston rockets jacket as a sixth birthday present, it was 1994, my reaction to that was who are the rockets( asked this because we lived a few miles away from S.A. so my family are spurs fans, and when ever I wore it to school the other kids would pick on me, because of them I became a Rockets fan :cool: . Now whenever my parents get mad at me for bashing the spurs they always ask why do you even like the Rockets I simply say because of my sixth birthday present ;).

Now that the Spurs have their titles people are always rubbing it in my face :rolleyes: and anyone(not just me) who takes shots for their team is a fan. Kind of like Mario Williams.

2. JayLau910

JayLau910 Member

well here's my story.

all i know is i watched the 95 wcf against the spurs. All I can remember is the pre-game and having that display of the rockets vs the spurs on the tv. i cant remember much else. I can't say I'd consistently watched the Rockets every single year since but I started once again when Steve Francis came along. I remember actually crying just becuz of the losing streak back then. When Francis got traded I was crushed. I remember bein really pissed at the Rockets and I thought I'd forget about them and just follow Francis. So I guess you could say I was one of those fans who only followed the player but I eventually calmed down and saw how bright the future of the Rockets is. I've watched pretty much every single game since. I still follow up on Francis. I follow up on the Rockets more though.

3. Veruca

Veruca New Member

I think that anyone that lives where Houston isn't on the tube should move to the front of the line. It's hard to get your Rockets fix when you have to get it from ESPN, TNT, chron.com and places like that. It's very easy to gain a rooting interest in the team close to you (in my case SLC where all 82 crappy games are on TV).

But those that stay strong are real Rocket Fans.

4. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Anyone who watched everyone who watched every minute of last season is a fan. Like Grendal, I've grew up watching the rockets and last season was as painful as any to watch...

If you find yourself watching college basketball to see who could be a possible rocket, then your a fan.

If you get pissed off when people who don't watch the rockets voice their opinion about the team with unsupported claims-positive or negative-then your a fan.

okay back to hw.

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Thanks man, :cool:

6. tarowu

tarowu New Member

A REAL FAN of HOUSTON, looking for all news I can get from internets,newspaper,TV ,and so on, every day. During the season,no match of ROCKETS will be missed.
    I love these guys, I love ROCKETS.

7. pumbum

pumbum Member

i've got the 1986 western conference finals on vhs tape.

i memorized the words of commentators dick stockton and tom heinson and used to recite it with them while watching it over and over ..

kinda like how kids do teletubbies and stuff.

8. kellume

kellume Member

My YMCA team played on the floor of the Summit in 1978. I got to run on the real floor for 15 minutes at halftime and watched the Rockets vs. Sonics play. There have been some real lean times especially after the Moses Malone trade. The coin flip for Sampson and Olajuwon was sweet and the championship days were a high. I spent many nights with my AM radio trying to listen to 610 AM in Conroe. That because we only got the away games on TV. I could barely make out Gene Peterson's play by play. SLAM DUNK.....Good Times !!!

9. honururu

honururu New Member

To be honest,I'm not a Rockets fans,I only yaoming fans,so I'm became a half heart rockets fans.

10. RAID

RAID Contributing Member

impersonating a YOF by using a name like "honururu" and posting in broken english is really sad and says a lot about you as a person

11. Champ06

Champ06 Member

I'm a real Rockets' fan. I know it because I got proof, my heart. Funny, it is the same color as Rockets' jersey. I hope Rockets don't change its jersey color to yellow. :eek:

12. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I am a true Rockets fan because I have gone through the depths with the team. I have never given up on the Rockets team

Steve Patterson shopping Hakeem for Rony Seikaly

Jeff Van Gundy betraying his star player to the media-Steve Francis

Rudy being fired

the signing of Glen Rice @ 9 mil plus per year

Ryan Bowen and Juwan Howard being on my team

Matt Maloney trying to guard Stephon Marbury

Robert Horry and Sam Cassell being traded for lard *ss, come to camp 35# overweight Charles Barkley

I will be here til the cows come home

13. HoustonForever

I'm a Rockets fan, and am also a huge fan of both Karl Malone and Scottie Pippen. :) :)

Fire at will. Take your best shot.

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

im a true rockets fan....i bleed red

15. RocketRoever

RocketRoever Member

i remember watching the rockets suns matchup at a bait shop when i was in 4th grade with my pops and bro while we were supposed to be on the lake fishin, yellin my ass off. cried when robert horry got traded. go to school in dallas and rocked my tmac jersey everyday during the rockets-mavs first round matchup, getting in arguments every second with my friends from dallas. read the book 'YAO' everytime i drop a deuce

16. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

Ok...

I am a real Rockets fan. I'm 24 years old. Don't know how else to put it.

I really got into it when I met Carl Herrera. He would come to eat at my family's restaurant on gamedays around 3pm. I would get in from school and see him. At the time he was the tallest dude I had ever seen. He was 6'9. He was real cool with me and was very nice to all of us. One day he asked me if I wanted to see him play, so I was like...YEA!!! He hooked my mom, my godfather(one of my waiters), and me with some really nice like 80.00 seats against the 76ers.

I got hooked.

I have watched a good 95% of every game they have played since like 92'. I have some entire seasons on VHS. it's pathetic. but wait a sec, its not. Its the Rockets dammnit.

He got me tickets for a few games and that was it.

I always liked basketball. I got into it because of Michael Jordan and especially DREAMTEAM in 1992. I was originally into Soccer, Boxing and Football in the 80's.

I even worked for the organization for the last 2 seasons. and the experience was AMAZING. I got to meet Rudy T on a few occasions, Clyde Drexler, Magic Johnson, Les Alexander(My REAL Boss @ the time), Xzibit(funny experience), and said what up to alot of NBA players, etc etc. I also talked poop to Cuban on one occasion.

I saw many games from great angles, not including PLAYOFFS Vs Mavs.

All I care about is my career, my gadgets, and the Houston Rockets.

At work I have a countdown going until Training Camp opens. I even have the preseason schedule by the ca$h register...

anyways, I have blabbered enough.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I really got into basketball during the late '60's, when UH had their great teams under the man who should be in the freakin' Hall, Guy Lewis. My sister knew Ken Spain, and my Dad knew Coach Guy V, and I was around the campus doing various things, so I became wild about UH basketball. The great Game of the Century at the Astrodome, when Elvin Hayes, Spain, and the rest of the Coogs upset John Wooden's record breaking UCLA team, with Lew Alcindor... (3 year record with Jabbar, 88-2 :eek: ) a game they weren't supposed to win, was just icing on the cake. I listened to it on the radio at a drive-in movie theatre. My girlfriend got ticked off, because she wanted to make out, but I told her to chill. You could hear people yelling from their cars, because everyone had the game on. What a trip! When the Rockets were moving to Houston, Elvin was still with them, so I was really excited. I think he was with the team for one season, before he was traded, or signed with another team. It was too late for me, because I was hooked. Been a fan of the Rocks ever since.

Go Rockets! Go Coogs! Bring back the Drive-in theatre!!!! :cool: ;)

18. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

I've travelled all over the world, worked in some pretty extreme locatations, and drink as much as any man every single chance I get, although yes I am sick in the bed with the flu I still puke ****ing rockets red. If it wasn't for this site I'd be out of the freaking loop (this and cctv5) unfortunately I havent been in houston for a loong time to sit and watch the rockets game, **** I'm a huge any houston team fan and havent seen a single astros game this year, it hurts, I'm currenntly in portland maine but if you read my sig you'll know that I delivered pizzas in deer park for years, yes even to andys christian house :) go rockets - the only international team

19. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

wheres my geno stream?

20. Glyyde

Glyyde Member

been a basketball fans since the ROckets championship years, was not interested in basketball at all before that....

Back when I am in Malaysia, I followed the Rockets game once in a blue moon when they show it on ESPN Asia.... After moving to UK, I wake up in the middle of the night, go online to clutchfans.net IRC chat, and follow the pbp done there....