1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TEXANS: Winnable Games

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rocket River, Sep 19, 2006.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Not doubt they will be attempting to redeem themselves, it has been embarassing so far. The Redskins are coming to Houston in a foul mood, and if they stomp the Texans, the boo birds will be out in force. If I am a player, I would give it all on Sunday because, I agree, it is one of the few winnable games.

2. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

What exactly have the Skins shown? Not much. Brunell does not evoke memories of a real playoff team. Portis is their weapon. Double team Moss shut off their only REAL deep threat.

I did not say we would beat the Cowboys. We will have our work cut out for us, I said that Mario has a great opportunity to feast on flat-footed dropback Bledsoe. If Gado provides the missing element for our offense, though its possible. Pokes have a very good defense.

Bills? Again, they beat the Fins 16-6. JP Losman 83 yds passing. Their only threat is Willie McGahee.

So, 2 out of those 3 wins here is not out of the question. Next.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I say we can beat the following teams:

Either Washington or Dallas
    Miami
    Tenessee (twice)
    Oakland
    Cleveland

So I'm sticking to my original prediction of 6-10.

4. TheBigSleep

TheBigSleep Member

I agree except I think Cleveland will destroy our spirit at the end of a season again... 5-11.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Honestly, I see the Texans getting beat by the Bills. The Bills are my surprise team of the year. I've seen a lot of them so far since I live near Buffalo, and let me tell you, McGahee is running like a top 3 back right now. Their defense is tough, TOUGH, and Losman is playing better than people thought. They might even make the playoffs this year.

They should have beaten the Patriots. They should be 2 and 0 right now.

6. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

I say 6 wins are very possible. We played 2 superbowl teams. We should improve as the season goes along, if all the players can stay healthy. :mad:

7. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

I am sure every team listed is thinking- now what are our absolute winnable games?

Oh yeah, Houston Texans. :D

8. KMC1499

KMC1499 Member

In my opinion we have not shown anything that says we should be able to compete with anyone. I mean where is the competive spirit? A sack on the first play then a fumble, wtf? man please.

with that said "GO TEXANS" lol

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

The Texans will win ALL their NEXT GAMES. <- period

Eff you and your power rankings or ESPN, or your first effin' pick...

10. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Texans and winnable games, an oxymoron?

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

remember in year 2 of this experiment when we played 2 super bowl teams...we beat one and lost to the other on the last play of the game??

those were good times. i can live with losing. just show me something.

12. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

they had more talented veterans that year: walker, sharper & glenn + dd. both games were also at home, iirc.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

the good old days.

remember going to Indy and giving them a game???

sadly, these are our best memories as texans fans, outside of 19-10! :) those times we ALMOST won.

14. Howyalikemenow

With the 1st pick, the Texans will consider drafting the best couple players, but than decide on... a DT from Lafayette State.

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I don't think it's impossible to think we won't beat a team twice in a season...The problem is, it won't be this season or until we get rid of Carr...;)

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think they will be much better at the end of the year than at the beginning.

And, I think they will win about 4 games.....probably one upset and they will lose to a couple of the sorry teams too.

This is a teaching year for Kubiak......they need to hit FAgency hard for lineman.

DD

17. Ognilecaf

Ognilecaf Member

Wish bush i say we would have won 6-8 games...Kubiak an Bush!

18. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

uhm.... not really. we lost by an average score of 33-14 in our first four visits to indy.

actually, 19-10 is our only memory. and that was four years ago. which is why we're starting over.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Winning AT Pittsburg on that INT return for a TD was pretty memorable. Although, ironically enough, I can't remember if that was Year 1 or Year 2. I'm thinking Year 1.

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Twas. But that's not how we won...didn't we beat them pretty bad? With less than 100 yards total offense?