1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NFL Draft] With the.....

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by percicles, Sep 19, 2006.

1. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

I think it is silly to assume that he would have went number two. That is pure speculation

2. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Why not get Reggie Bush II? Steve Slaton is fantabulous.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I agree, he could have gone 2 but he may have droped to 5 or 6. We will never know

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Samardzja is nowhere close to the top 10.

Receivers are loaded with Ginn, Jarrett, and Johnson out of GT, who is the top guy right now.

5. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I'm not sure whats worse the O-line or secondary.

I vote secondary. I think Kubiak can get the line going a little better just by himself by the end of the year. BUt no coach can make a crappy secondary decent.

It's gotta be defense unless AJ demands a trade or something we have a decent #2 right now in moulds. He's getting old but theres bigger holes on the texans than #2 reciever.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I don't think its silly to assume Mario would eventually take a dump.

7. surrender

surrender Member

IF THE TEXANS DO NOT TAKE KEVIN KOLB I WILL CANCEL MY SEASON TICKETS AND URINATE ON RELIANT STADIUM AND WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE I'LL DO

YOU DO NOT PASS ON A HOMETOWN TALENT LIKE THIS, THE TEXANS OWE IT TO THE CITY TO DRAFT HIM

[​IMG]

8. JamesC

JamesC Member

I had a good laugh with a friend the other day cause we were talking draft only 2 games into the season.

9. TheBigSleep

TheBigSleep Member

I hope this is a parody of the Vince Young love-fest from last year... also it looks like we made a darn good decision passing on VY. Passing on Bush... time will tell.

In terms of need:

1a. FS
    1b. CB
    2. LT (unless Winston somehow wins this job this year)
    3. RB (depends on the status of Domanick Davis)

Thus:
    1. Brandon Merriweather - S
    2. Leon Hall - CB
    3. LaRon Landry - S
    4. Michael Griffin -S
    5. Calvin Johnson - WR (I think he will be the best player in the draft)

Others:
    Adrian Peterson - RB (face it, Kubiak will never draft a RB in the 1st)

Brady Quinn- QB (Im not convinced he could do more than Carr is behind our line)

All the OTs mentioned in the 1st round so far-- none of them are in D. Ferguson's class (Thomas and Baker are definitely not, and most people consider them the top 2 OTs)-- I think we will have to wait til later rounds to get OL help.

So Im thinking:
    1. FS/CB
    2. FS/CB (the other position not taken in rd. 1)
    3. OL
    4. RB

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Of course, those 2 games were against 2 serious Superbowl contenders.

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I thought it was widely conceived that Mario would have went #2, especially after they picked up Brees. Everyone was talking about having Mario on the other side of Will Smith.

12. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

Everyone was also talking about Reggie bush and the texans. You just never know. Especially with trades and that stuff. We should have traded down with the jets and gotten john abraham. He is better than williams will ever be and we could have probably gotten the 4th pick with him.

13. BigTex

BigTex Member

Tom Zbikowski in the 2nd round

14. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Nope, the saints were projected to take AJ Hawk. I'll try to find that article.

15. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Plus it was written in the stars/pre-determined for the Saints to get Reggie Bush to help save the city/franchise. So there was nothing us houston fans could do about it.

Saints have sold out their season tickets, Bush has the #1 selling jersey in the NFL, Saints are 2-0, Bush is fun to watch and brings excitement back to the team win or lose, and he's doing some good things in the community. Plus this upcoming monday night game at the superdome againts the 2-0 Falcons will be sweet & will be Reggie's coming out party. Gonna be an emotional setting next monday.

meanwhile, the Texans.... :(

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

First, it's way to early to judge this draft, Vince Young, Reggie Bush, or Mario Wiliams; especially Young given the gestation period for quarterbacks.

Second, no way in hell, after another .250 season, with all the Texans holes, they throw a first round, top 5 pick to an FS. Safetys are never drafted that high because acceptable safeties are not hard to find. Even their idiotic braintrust would not do that.

17. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Not Likely.

I think Kubiak secretly planned to suck this year too to get Adrian Peterson. I hope. Please.

Although our defense looks like it's in much worse shape than our offense (not saying much).

18. raw10628

raw10628 Contributing Member

Adrian Peterson....that dude is a beast....chances are though Kubiak won't go with a RB in the first. If that doesn't happen we should undoubtfully go defense and pick up a top flight corner or saftey.

19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I remember pretty clearly that The Saints were talking about taking Mario #2 if Bush was off the boards. Leinart was suppose to go #2 until they signed Brees and there was so much talk about putting Mario opposite of Will Smith.

Oh well...not like it matters anyways.

20. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

2004 5th pick FS Sean Taylor