1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(FOOTBALL) A&M vs Army

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Nashvegas, Sep 16, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

TAMU will bounce back. It was a good win, we got the mistakes out early (hopefully). Its only mildly embarrassing. Army had a semi-legit run game going so Im not worried about TAMU run D. But the pass coverage is still trash. Im starting to think its the personel.

2. Molotov Cocktail

Molotov Cocktail Contributing Member

I would be/am worried about the run defense. If that Army trifecta could cut through like butter, than Adrian Peterson and Young/Charles are going to have a field day. I'm as big of an A&M fan as anybody, but this team still isn't very good.

3. Jackfruit

Jackfruit Contributing Member

Ziggy,

Our BBall team is ranked 14 (of course that will probably change as the season gets closer). The only other ranked Big XII team is KU at #3.

4. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

:confused:

5. ths balla

ths balla Member

we should of destroyed army but hey a win is a win

6. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Coach Fran is on the hot seat- If they don't go to a bowl game this yr. he's through- look at how little patience was given to R.C. Slocum when his team was mediocre at best.

7. Molotov Cocktail

Molotov Cocktail Contributing Member

No doubt whatsoever he's on the hot seat. However, A&M is in a bit of a bind for this reason: They are still paying Slocum. So, if they fire Fran, they are going to be stuck with three head coaching salaries. I think for that reason A&M is stuck with Fran for a few more years.

They should get to a bowl game of some kind this year; they are likely to be 4-0 when Tech rolls into town, and McGee should be able to will them to a couple of conference wins. The OU game is winnable if they can contain AD, and Okie Lite should be a W. I'd like nothing more than to see them run the table going into T+1 so that A&M/Texas is actually for all the marbles for the first time in 15 or so years. But it ain't likely.

(If somebody can correct me on the statement that Slocum is still being paid, go for it)

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I love the BBS. Instead of me going to ESPN to see who won this game, I got more enjoyment reading post by post trying to see who won. Way to go!

9. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

They should go a bowl game this year. They have a relatively soft schedule.
    This should buy coach Fran sometime.

10. ths balla

ths balla Member

my teacher pointed this out in class but did anyone catch coach Fran asking McGee, "What should we do" on the final 4th down play? Seems like hes really working hard for that million dollar paycheck