1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carr Playing Well, Rest of team sucks...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Joshaaronb, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Once again, another thread full of b****ing about the offense.

Where's the thread that complains about how the Texans just gave up 30+ points in back to back weeks?

2. twoface723

twoface723 Member

I didn't say anything about sage.Did I :confused:

3. TheBigSleep

TheBigSleep Member

Carr cant prevent Lundy from fumbling or the o-line from allowing breakthrough rushes...

The Carr that has been playing this year is a franchise QB that all but maybe 8-10 teams would not be happy with.

4. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Unfortunately some will continue to spew blind hatred for Carr here irrespective of the facts. How much more do you want out of him? Last week, David Carr's passer rating of 102 was #5 in the league. Today, for all the team's pass protection woes, and despite the fact that he lost two starting offensive linemen in the process, he was 22-26 with 8.4 yards/throw and three touchdowns -- which means his rating is probably even higher. Two of those 4 incompletions were drops. And he did almost all of this from within the pocket rather than rolling out. Seriously, what is there to complain about? You want to blame him for the sacks?

How about our utterly incompetent secondary? Indy ran the under-route plays to death and we had no answer for them. Our CBs and safeties looked like high schoolers ... goodness, Sanders was really awful out there. There were lots of things to complain about in this game. David Carr was certainly not one of them.

5. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

C'mon dude, do you need it spelled out you're practically alluding to that. You're very words say Carr is doing nothing or at least when it matters. Like Carr has any control over what the defense does because that is where you ire should be directed up to this point. Enough said.

6. twoface723

twoface723 Member

Well maybe if he keeps the offense out there a little longer and gives the D some time to rest, than they wouldn't look so bad.

7. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Isn't that the running game's job?

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

No, because if Carr didnt have those 4 incompletions, the clock wouldnt have stopped and we could have had a greater time of possession. Gosh, Carr sucks so hard.

9. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

top five in qb rating...way to go Carr.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

No ****! I just looked it up! :eek:

Too all those people b****ing about David Carr:
    Code:
    NFL Passer Rating
    Rank	Player	  	Yds	Att	Cmp	TDs	Ints	Long	Rating
    1	Charlie Batch   209	25	15	3	0	87	126.5
    2	Chad Pennington	319	33	24	2	0	41	123.2
    3	Kurt Warner     301	37	23	3	0	39	114.8
    4	Donovan McNabb  314	35	24	3	1	42	113.3
    5	David Carr      208	27	18	1	0	44	102.1
    He doesn't seem to be doing all that bad. ;)

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PRAT/2006/regular

#30 Uprising, Sep 17, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2006
  11. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

Carr looked alright at the end of the game when we were getting blown out. I need to see that intensity he showed at the end in the 1st half.

2 Big problems for TEXANS.

Defensive Secondary: how many under routes did Indiana use today. They need to do a better job at reading other team's offense. We suck at Safety.

OLINE: Missing that 1 link player that will fix this problem. Go find him.

12. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

Its misleading. Carr gets most of his completion from throwing to his back for no gains. Not helping his team but himself. ;)

13. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I'm sure 99% of Carr haters will miss the obvious sarcasm in this post.

I wonder what his passer rating is this week, probably close to 120.

14. buffalospeedway

Carr's rating today was 140.2. And yet some people still blame him for our current problems. We have MUCH bigger problems right now. Get over the David Carr bashing. It's getting very boring.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

David Carr is supposed to be a franchise QB and the alleged leader of the team, in the supposed prime of his career. Folks have a right to expect a bit more from him than "not making any mistakes" and a few garbage time TDs.

16. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Carr had 55 passing yards at the end of the 3rd quarter. He did excel and go off for 3 TD's when the Colts 2nd team defense half assed the rest of the game though.

#36 The Real Shady, Sep 18, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2006
  17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Umm...there were a few minutes left in the game and Peyton Manning was still driving down the field with Harrison and Wayne and you are telling me the Colts put their 2nd team defense on the field during the 4th quarter? How does that make any sense?

The last tackle of the game for Indy was made with about a minute left...it was by Doss...their starting strong safety.

On a sidenote, Carr's rating for the year is 123.7 against 2 solid teams.

#37 rezdawg, Sep 18, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2006
  18. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i'm willing to bet people who are saying they put their 2nd team defense on the field can't even name 2 of the players. i mean, who really pays attention to the opposition's team's defensive players?

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Wrong.

Of Carr's 22 completions yesterday, only 6 were to RB's. I don't know where this myth comes from, but please check the stats before you propagate it.

20. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Let me quote Gary Kubiak-

David looked better in the 2nd half but Carr playing good in the fourth quarter doesn't help us win games, he has to play 4 qtrs., until he plays 4 qtrs. of good football we aren't going to improve. I told him last night that he was going to have a rush in his face and efforts to strip the ball but he had to step up and make the plays. I have to be hard on him cause it isn't easy in this league.

or something to that effect.

No way it's all David Carr, but he is an average QB- period
    His job is to get the ball in Andre Johnson's hands and Eric Moulds hands- two great receivers. He has plenty of weapons. He is slow to read the defense and he holds the ball too long. He's jumpy in the pocket (I know why also)

The desense is lousy. No pass rush and poor coverage.

We just don't have the talent. The best players are the ones Kubiak drafted and the two wide receivers we ignore for the most part.

Charlie Casserly still haunts our roster. Have to wait til next season.