1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Phillies

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 4, 2006.

1. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

wow you're one of the few still haning on saying we made the right decision. lol

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Wait, did that guy just say that Mario has slow twitch fibers???? And he used this as his example to show that he has slow twitch fibers....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Okay, love or hate Mario, you have to admit that this article is pure horsie crap...you cant possible tell if someone has a majority of red fibers (slow) or white fibers (fast) based on how they "look". Now, you can assume a marathon runner has mostly red and a sprinter has mostly white...

...but you dont designate a play that occurs in the game, assign a muscle type to a guy, and then go ahead and assume that because of that muscle type, the guy will be a bust.

Thats just funny.

3. camisgirl

camisgirl Member

This weekend will prove to me what my feelings are about us getting Williams over Bush. He should be having Peyton on his back a dozen times.

4. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

KEEP HOPE ALIVE! KEEP HOPE ALIVE!

Agreed. We need to see some, any kind of results from the DL. An effort like Sunday vs Eagles and we will get buried. Must pressure Peyton and throw him somehow off his rhythm.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Spencer Tillman said about Mario something to the effect that he has a Cadillac body and a VW engine. The last player I ever heard described like that.... Henry Ford.

FRIGHTENING

6. camisgirl

camisgirl Member

I saw that. That's a pretty funny analogy though.

7. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

You have a point about the article. But if you have watched Mario play you could just say **** the article i've seen it with my own eyes. The guy lookes like he is in slow motion, how in the world are you going to get around an o-lineman or get to the quarterback in a timely fashing if you move that slow. Don't read any more articles, just watch Mario and then go punch a wall or something like I do when thinking about this draft choice.

8. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Mario has a bentley body with a broken down 1989 lawn mower engine.

9. TheBigSleep

TheBigSleep Member

That's what I saw against the Eagles. He needs to be less hesistant coming off the DL and he needs to play at a high gear the whole game, a la DeMeco Ryans

10. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

I think Mario Tivo's game tapes and watches it in fast forward.

11. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

By the way, for those of you claiming Reggie Bush is the savior of all, here's his stat line for today:

5 rushes for 6 yards. (All 6 on one play).
    7 catches for 65 yards.
    4 punt returns for an average return of 9 yards.

12. twoface723

twoface723 Member

What about Mario? His stats were more un-impressive.

13. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

1. Did you need to bring this up?

2. If you actually think that's a negative, you probably shouldn't mention Bush's stats anymore.

14. twoface723

twoface723 Member

I'll take the 7 catches for 65 yards.

15. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

The top post on this page is someone saying that Mario was a worse pick than Reggie. I'm merely pointing out that RB isn't doing so hot himself.

I do think those stats are negative considering this is the next Gayle Sayers AND Barry Sanders. Just for comparison's sake:

Every single one of our running backs outrushed Reggie...oh and so did David Carr.

16. bplld

bplld Contributing Member

^His rushing yards sucked. I think it is something to show. We dont care about his recieveing, we only wanted him to run. Our recievers are just fine with AJ, Moulds, and the tight ends of daniels, putzier, and bruener(who did great today for two touchdowns).

I watched Williams and i see nothing in him. If he wasnt a number 1 pick, i dont even think he would be starting.

The secondary is horrible. We should have addressed them in the draft but we never did for some dumb reason. I think a few improvements over there and this team would be great.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Heck, I would even take the punt returns (not that we would be getting punt returns with Bush back there)...

18. NewRoxFan

IND wasn't double-teaming Williams today...

19. NewRoxFan

Huh? We are running a ball-control passing offense. Having a RB that can catch the pass and possibly break a long one would be a huge addition. Having a RB that can run longer routes would be frosting on the cake.

Remember, Bush was viewed as much for his receiving capabilities as his rushing before the draft...

20. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

He had five carries. Clearly, they used him in other ways today. That's the point...he may actually be capable of that. As Jeff mentioned in the other thread; if he does turn out to be a threat from multiple positions, that is a big amount of pressure off your QB. The fact that Bush is capable of doing different things is not a negative.

As such, his supporters - that realize that - aren't going to be put off. And the haters will just be pissed off that the thread will go in such a direction. (Again).

I realize what kind of posts your going to get in here...but do you honestly think that someone who believes Mario is a worse pick is going to have their minds changed when they see 8 catches for nearly 70 yards by the running back?

That is ridiculous.