1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Cubs @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 14, 2006.

1. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Actually, you're all wrong. The fans were just yelling "Boooooo-urns!"

2. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

The Curse of Preston Wilson continues...

3. Hakeem's Dream

Hakeem's Dream Contributing Member

You are so entertaining. This is fun. My negativity was thrown at booing fans and towards the organization as a whole I throw in my positivity. It's pretty simple logic when you stop and think about it. :D

4. Hakeem's Dream

Good point. I have to bite my tongue a lot at the game but I am 99.9% of the time ranting at umpires. I boo people like Pujols and Zambrano just because they are the "enemy". I am a big f-bomb dropper so I see your logic. Thanks, honestly I didn't really think about it like that.

5. msn

msn Member

No, it's terrible logic. Negative is negative. You're being so pious about not being "negative", the whole while being more negative than anyone at that game was. You're acting like you're better than everyone else, while threating to "rip new assholes" and calling people "trash". I think that's "entertaining". If I sat by you at a ballgame and booed Morgan Ensberg for dancing at the plate like a 9-year-old despite good coaching, would you attempt to "rip me a new *******"? No, that's just Internet bravado, but you're "positive", because you don't direct it at the team. Hilarious.

I jumped your post because the whole self-righteous "I'm a better fan than you" stuff is so ridiculous. Nothing is more subjective and emotional while mattering less on the whole than sports fandom. People who appoint themselves as "TRUE FANS!" and "never negative" rip their fellow fans, calling names, tearing down the character of people whom they've never met ( :confused: ), all over a damn game. A GAME. Reference your post above--from reading that reaction, I would've thought you were addressing a bunch of flag-burners. You know, something that *matters*. You can call that logical if you like, I call it stupid.

6. msn

msn Member

I must qualify this post that it only addresses your first two posts on the topic, while the remainder have not had the combative, "better-than-thou" tone at all. I understand we all need to vent; I think tearing *anyone* like that is negative and silly, whether it's the fans or the team.

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

F******CCKKKKKK!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

8. Hakeem's Dream

Hee hee, this gets to be more fun the more it goes on. I love it. I have never said I was better than anyone else. I am so far from perfect it's crazy. Internet bravado, interesting. The same things I say online I say in the real world. I have no more pride online than I do offline. Since it is physically impossible to rip one a new butt crack one would gather that it's a metaphor or not a literal statement. I am positive toward Astros players, that's all I really care about. Don't put better fan than you in quotes son because I never said that. Before you start a war, make sure you are properly equipped to do battle. If it doesn't matter, then why are you furthering this conversation? Let me write something you can quote: I am no better than any other person on the face of the planet. My definition of trash is probably different than your and that is how this dumb convo is still alive. If you want to put that in quotes feel free, but in case you missed that English class in school, you only put factual statements in quotation marks.