1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Cubs @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 14, 2006.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Not only swept, but swept with the big three of Oswalt, Clemens, Pettite pitching.

2. Jackfruit

Jackfruit Contributing Member

You are flat wrong. As weird as this might sound, I have a lot of respect for Cubs fans, Mets fans, and Red Sox fans. Why you might ask. The reason is because they are REAL fans. They are not what we have in Houston, which are bandwagon fans. The Cubs haven't won a World Series since 1908, yet they sell out Wrigley Field in 35 degree weather in early October on a Wednesday day game when they are 30 games out of first place. Those fans live and breathe their team and they have no problem letting their team know when their team isn't living up to its end. When I pay $ 95.00 to a scalper to buy seats in Section 120 of MMP, I want to see my team deliver. That means Morgan Ensberg getting a hit and that means Brad Lidge closing a damn game every once in a while. If Ensberg fails at the plate 9 times out of 10, I will boo him. If Lidge blows saves left and right, I'll boo him. He has 4 million reasons why he should be able to take my boos and yes, the money I pay for my ticket contributes towards Drayton's bottom line, which in turn pays Lidge's salary. As long as the Astros are willing to take my money for a ticket, they will have to accept my booing when certain players suck donkey balls on a consistent basis. No one is perfect, but as fans, we have every right to hold our team accountable. Berkman went 0-6 last night. Was there a single boo in the house? No! Berkman delivers for this team. He is entitled to a off night. What's sad is that Berkman has more "off nights" than Ensberg has "on nights." That's unacceptable and I will vocalize that. If you are in the stands next to me, you'll just have to live with that.

3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

bravo!

this notion that fans that paid their hard earned money to see a quality performance can't boo piss-poor showings is absolutely assinine. lidge has probably single-handedly cost us 7-9 wins this year.... fans have every damn right to boo his ass. same goes to the batters that cant seem to bring a runner home from second or third with one or even zero outs.

HD, if you cant tell, we're in a PLAYOFF HUNT. horrendous performances like last night should not be tolerated. period.

4. LonghornFan

[​IMG]

I'd love to see it. Seriously. Next time I'm booing, come pay me a visit ya big internet warlord, you. [​IMG]

#624 LonghornFan, Aug 16, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

i do, and i have six legitimate reasons why:
    august 21
    august 22
    august 23
    september 18
    september 19
    september 20

sure, it looks bleak, but, worse case scenario, you're still only 5 games back tomorrow morning with six left against the leader. it is not over.

6. mike87321

mike87321 Member

I'm sick and tired of the excuse that Ausmus and Everett are too good on defense to sit on the bench. Someone brought up this question in another thread:

Does their solid defense really save more runs than their horrendous offense deprives the team of?

NO WAY. Bring up House, give Burke a shot at SS, do something! We need bats for chrissake and I can't take another season of watching the Brad "the Double Play Machine" Ausmus do what he does best.

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

uhm... guys, HD is a woman... please read all future posts keeping said knowledge in mind.

8. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

Amen.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Of course, the last two losses, one game we scored 6 runs while Berkman did nothing and today no one did anything (including Berkman).

10. LonghornFan

Now I REALLY want HD to rip me a new ass. That actually might be fun.

#630 LonghornFan, Aug 16, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  11. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

this bares no relevance to my post nor most of the others.

12. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

That's why I've hated this season, especially the last couple of weeks. One day we look absolutely terrible, and then two or three games later we look like we might be a contender. Right now I'd like to say we have no shot at the postseason, but I know a week from now we could be only one or two games out. It's really killing me. Bottom line though is where going to have to put together a stretch of more than three or four good games if we're going to have a chance. We're not going to get away with playing .500 ball when there's so many teams in the race.

13. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

LOL its over IMO ... Being swept by the Cubs... thats just pathetic.

14. Buck Turgidson

Highlighting cubfan as some sort of paragon is beyond funny. Obviously, you've never gone to Wrigley & actually talked to cubfan. They're clueless, mostly existing to blow smoke up your arse about the greatness of cub, blindly buying the company line of their incompetent, skinflint corporate owners. That, and b!tch and moan about curses & freaking billy goats & a certain fellow dipsh!t cubfan, since run out of town. A very large %age are there to drink beer & party, especially true for the bleacher fools.

Greatest summation of cubfan ever, my words can't do it justice, courtesy of former manager Lee Elia:

http://www.speakeasy.org/~bucky/lee_elia_br.mp3

very nsfw

15. Major

Major Member

But this applies to just about every team except the Mets in the NL. The Cards had a 7 game losing streak followed by a similar winning streak, followed by a 13-of-16 losing streak, or something like that. The Dodgers have won 15 of 16 (?), but lost 7 straight before that. The Reds are no different. It's just how it is.

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

WOW! That was freaking cool! :eek:

17. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

I'm sure Preston is laughing his arse off.
    I'd be happy to be gone from that pathetic team.

Thank GOD for the Texans!!!!

18. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Man, talk about a bunch of haters. We still have some time. Maybe we will get there, maybe we won't. I think we are far from pathetic. I am sad we are not doing better but no need to abandon ship. True fans stay with the team in good times and in bad.

19. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

it might be a sinking ship, but it's a better sinking ship without the King of K's lol

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE!!!