1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need Help and Prayers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I don't really want to get into the specifics of this because I do know some people outside the board, so there really is no anonymity (sp?). So please don't ask a million questions or get into specific stuff.

My life has changed immeasurably in the last couple of months. It was a change that has given me great joy but at the same time, it has also taken up a lot of my time. My posting on the weekends and at night are pretty much gone because of this change in my life. Now, that is what I am not complaining about - I always knew a day would come when I would be busy with other things in my life and some things would get shoved to the backburner. What I need help or prayers with is dealing with stress from the life I have now. I really wish I could get more into this, but out of respect to myself, I can't. I just know that there are times that I feel unhappy and I wish that wasn't the case. Maybe I am just a negative person to begin with - one who is always looking for the worst in things, but what I am going through right now has easily been the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I am a Christian and I pray about this all the time. I feel that God is testing me as I have not really been tested too much in my life. Yet, I feel like I am failing this test and the frustrating thing is there is no need for me to struggle with this! I am very confident that things can turn around for me and my situation, but sometimes I find myself having a hard time believing it.

This board has always meant a lot to me ever since I joined it 5 years ago. It helped me at times to keep my sanity (especially at work). I sometimes regret meeting some people off the board because it has led to me to be a little more guarded with my personal life, but at the same time, I wouldn't trade the experience of going to Houston and meeting people like Jeff, Smeg, Fatty, The Cat, etc for anything. Maybe one day I can delve deeper into this but not now. Just pray for me - specifically that I can continue to do God's will and that I have the confidence and faith that things will work out for me. Even if you aren't a Christian, I would still appreciate any positive thoughts or wishes that you may have. Yet I also understand if this is something you do not want to do.

Thanks for reading and take care (I'm not going anywhere - at least during the weekday!).

Manny

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Buena suerte, Manny. + (Rezos) :( (see, I am no longer the angriest Mexican)

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You have all the positive thoughts I can muster. Good luck, Manny, in the situation you are dealing with.

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Good luck and God Bless.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

absolutely, i'll remember you in my prayers.

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Prayers for Manny...

7. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hope it all works out for you.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

you got some good juju coming, bro!

9. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

I once held her in my arms
    She said she would always stay
    But I was cruel
    I treated her like a fool
    I threw it all away.

Once I had mountains in the palm of my hand
    And rivers that ran through ev'ry day
    I must have been mad
    I never knew what I had
    Until I threw it all away.

Love is all there is, it makes the world go around
    Love and only love it can't be denied
    No matter what you think about it
    You just won't be able to do without it
    Take a tip from one who's tried.

So if you find someone that gives you all of her love
    Take it to your heart, don't let it stray
    For one thing that's certain
    You will surely be a-hurtin'
    If you throw it all away.

10. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Hmmm...given you great joy and takes up a lot of your time. So, when did you get her pregnant? ;)

I'll keep you in my thoughts...just as long as you're not playing that crappy "bad day" song on your ipod

11. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

OK I am not particularly religious. Whatever you are trying to do to get through this stressful situation, good luck and take it easy.

12. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

That was the first thing I thought of as well. Oh, well. It's not important, right?

We all go through stressful times, Manny. You'll get through this. Just in case, I'm sending some good mojo your way. Don't squander it. :)

13. JVoss

JVoss Member

your in my prayers...

14. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Without tests, trials and tribulations, you can't grow spiritually. Best of luck and you are in my prayers. Remember everyone has bad times, and they eventually go away and you think to yourself how did I let that bother me? TIme heals all wounds.

God bless.

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

It will all work itself out. It always does.

hang in there Manny.

16. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Hang in there man...i've been through more than my fair share of trials and tribulations, but in the end, I know I've become a better person because of it...

Not sure what's going on, but as cliche as it sounds, things happen for a reason and you man not know it now, but when the time comes, you'll know why...

I don't go to church as much as I should and I should pray more so in honor of you, I'll pray for you and me tonight...:)

17. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

If we never experienced bad or stressful times we wouldn't truly appreciate the good times of life. Try to go forward and look on the bright side of things.

18. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Most growth can occur during trying times.

God bless Manny. You'll be fine.

19. jlaw718

jlaw718 Contributing Member

Manny,

So many times we are tested. It's only until we've gone through the proverbial fire that sometimes we emerge with a resolve and understanding we had previously lacked.

Understand, there is a definite method to the madness at work: You are a Christian. You know God has a plan for you. You keep doing what you can do in the natural and He will do what He can do in the supernatural.

Here's a quick scripture I'm sure you already know but I feel led to share:

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who believe, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

You're a faithful brother in Christ. Just know that because you trust in God everything is in His hands and is working toward a specific, divine purpose in your life right now.

Just felt led to share that.

20. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

"If it doesn't kill you, it will only make you stronger"... guess whoever first said that didn't have AIDS, Cancer or Herpes, but seriously...the fact you're asking for prayer makes me believe you'll be fine. God bless!