1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For the old geezer music lovers out there

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A-Train, Aug 3, 2001.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Do you still listen to anything on vinyl? If not, when was the last time you listened to something on vinyl? What does your vinyl collection look like?

I didn't really start collecting music until the late 80's, right as vinyl was being phased out in favor of CDs. I have purchased three records in my lifetime, all of them secondhandedly

"Weird Al" Yankovic - In 3D
    Aerosmith - Night In the Ruts
    Taco - Taco

(If you're blue and you don't know where to go to
    Why don't you go where fashion sits...Puttin' on the Ritz)

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

This is kind of embarrassing.

But I have around 1200 albums on vinyl.

What's sad is that I had roughly twice that amount in college, but being a poor college student, I sold them whenever I was hungry (or wanted um...party favors). Something I truly regret now.

I have some that are truly collector's items.

an original (and mint condition) apple label pressing of the Beatle's "Rubber Soul"

over 2 dozen 78s from the 30's and 40's

A picture disc of Kate Bush's debut album

10cc's (accually Godley and Cream from 10cc) three record concept album "Consequences"

I was lucky to be associated with a group of friends (old hippies) in college that were seriously into music. So I was heavily influenced by them.

I love my vinyl and can't wait until the day I can pass it along to my kid. Just for the look on their face as their old geezer dad grooves to the sounds of the 60's and 70's