1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac 100% HEALTHY!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by poseyistheman, Aug 2, 2006.

1. poseyistheman

poseyistheman Member

Let this story direct from the horses mouth put an end to all the stories about Tmac's back. Next season is going to be a great year. Go Rockets!!!

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

not to be a debbie downer but what is this story you speak of?

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Thanks for clarifying for all of us with all that detail.

But in the future, please use punctuation if you're gonna break up a setence like that...I had to read it like 3 or 4 times to figure out how to read it right.

4. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Link? Anything?

5. wrestler4life

wrestler4life Member

Is this from his interview on the Texan's website?

6. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

7. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

I think he's talking about the interview yesterday on 610. McGrady was absolute, 100%, surefire, no question-about-it certain that his back was OK for good.

While that's exactly what we all want to hear, back problems can return at odd times for no apparent reason. The truth is that we don't really know what the source of his problem was/is. Let's just hope his hope his optimism is justified. I don't think anyone gives this team much of a chance otherwise.

8. poseyistheman

poseyistheman Member

I'm speaking of the story on the frontpage of this website. It is the interview from Texans camp though yes.

9. poseyistheman

poseyistheman Member

Zaam we do know the source of Tmac's back issues. The doctors said he had a bulging disk. The treated it at its very source and its been healing properly ever since. Tmac is 100% trust me.

10. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'm 100%, surefire, absolutely no questions about it certain that Tracy is overstating the case on his back. He may feel 100%, but back problems like his don't just go away. Maybe he plays 6 more years without incident. Maybe he goes 4 months. His back is probably in top form now, but what happens the next time he has an awkward fall or he gets nailed in a dirty screen?

It's encouraging to hear that he's recovering so well, but to say that he no longer has a back problem is naive in the least.

Evan

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I agree with this. I'm just posting on the site what McGrady said... but I thought it was silly that he was so sure the back was not a problem at all. Hope he's right, but I don't trust his words in this instance. We'll see.

12. poseyistheman

poseyistheman Member

EMJOHN thats the problem with a number of fans on the espn board and this board YOUR WAY TO PESSIMISTIC about Tmac and the upcoming season. Tmac had a blimp last season, that hasn't happened to him at all in his career. Also don't point to his final year in Orlando because he simply told the ownership and GM if you don't believe in me then I'm not going to play for you. That had nothing to do with his back. He'll be back next season in top form and will have a breakout comeback year. Go Rockets!!!

13. paradox

paradox Member

Let's have our fingers crossed.
    The next season will all depend on T-Mac and Yao's health.
    I do believe when both of them are healthy, Rockets can go deep in the playoffs even with the current supporting players.

14. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

I think some of you need to give McGrady the benefit of the doubt. In spite of a history of back problems, last season was the only time he's missed a huge chunk of the season since his days in Orlando.

He'd played in 77, 76, 75, 67, and 78 games out of 82 the 5 years prior to last season. Granted...back problems are unpredictable and he's not getting any younger, but I think last year was more bad luck than anything else.

Yao missed significant time as well despite being an ironman his first three seasons. Yet, most people seem to be unconvinced of McGrady's health, while fully believing Yao will be back for 80+ games next year.

#14 Kyrodis, Aug 2, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think, if we learned anything as Rockets fans, it is not to take Tracy's optimism in interviews too seriously.

16. The Fever

The Fever Member

Not only that, but it only takes one awkward landing on one of his fadeaways from 18 feet to re-trigger the injury. Or one move to the basket where he gets knocked down to re-trigger the injury. I certainly hope that doesn't happen, but you never know.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have been saying this for the last 6 months, but it feels like I am pissing into the wind.

DD

18. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

thank you.

it's cute to see so many naive people getting so excited when tmac says "i'm 100%." sure, he probably feels fine, but back problems such as his don't just disappear.

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

you're special!

20. tested911

tested911 Member

So does that mean he will be taking less jumpshots and driving to the hoop more like he used to in Orlando??????????????

His FG% Sucked because he kept taking so many jumpshots...
    And don't tell me it's because he didnt have any support he had to take so many.. For Heaven Sake Orlando had a worse ( support )squad than we do here..