1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Getting Past Looking Stupid

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JVoss, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Call me BLUE!!

Rocket River

2. JVoss

JVoss Member

I really think this is a good cause. I've had plenty of ideas for things I'd like to do before, but this is something that has been on my mind for several years and it has gotten to the point where I can't let it drop.

I don't have the money myself so I'm just trying to raise enough money to get past the looking stupid part (the point of the article). I figure I have enough big-time connections that I just get this going I can convince them to throw some real money into the program.

So here is my plan:

Get enough money to form the company, pay for some business and accounting help, and pay for some marketing help and have just a little money in a bank account to get going. Now when I say business, accounting and marketing help I know in the back of my mind who I'm going to take this to. I also know that they are the type of people that if they see I actually have the money in hand they will probably do it at no cost and might even throw in some money of their own. Problem is, if I go to them now with nothing they will think the same thing I would think and that is that I'm taking advantage of them. I know its silly, but by lots of experience I know that's how people think.

A nice idea with no money is a nice idea.
    A nice idea with a little money suddenly becomes a great idea.

Does that make sense to anyone else?

Thanks,
    Jamie

3. JVoss

JVoss Member

4. Party Pizza

Party Pizza Member

I'm glad you are doing this for the kids.

I'm a good person, but I don't like kids. Is there something wrong with that?

Have you ever gone to dinner with friends who don't have kids but they take you to a kid friendly restaurant? What's up with that?

5. JVoss

JVoss Member

So what do I do? I've tried a lot of different things and other than the two sponsors I got during the season (one whose kids played on the team) I really haven't raised any money at all.

If I had the money I would spend whatever I could to try to get this started, but that really isn't the point. Of course its my project so if I had the money I should do that.

The problem is that I can't say that I would give any money to it either, but I'm not looking at it from the outside.

What can I do or offer that would make any sense to anyone to give any money toward this? Or is it just not going to happen.

That was the whole purpose of this article. To find out how someway, somehow to get past the point of looking stupid, to get something setup so that I can convince people that this is really being done and it really is a good thing.

Thanks for any suggestions.