1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Reds @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

I agree Cassell..May he rest in Peace !! Can we bury him now ? No, I mean that :D

2. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

The Death of Brad Lidge

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Not with his ERA and WHIP

4. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

so what would it take to get through the fact that lidge sucked BEFORE the pujols bomb? i'd go so far as to say that even had he closed that game on a blistering slider, striking out pujols that he would still suck just as bad as he does today.

that was one of the darkest days in astros history yet it was very quickly redeemed. it's easy to point at that as his demise but i think it's highly unlikey that one pitch changed lidge's game.

6. Major

Major Member

It's much more fun to reshape the facts to what you want to believe than to believe what the facts tell you.

7. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

Hey, hey hey its Matt Albers. The only bright spot in the game, is he going to stay in the pen the whole time or is he going to get a start some time?

8. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i agree. that pujols homer wasn't the beginning of his demise. but it certainly is what took him over the edge.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

totally agreed. had we lost that series, it would have been just awful. but they went out and absolutely took care of business...despite all the, "teams just don't recover from this sort of thing" mantra in the press.

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

fkn' pathetic... :mad:

11. mike87321

mike87321 Member

Hahahaha I like it.

Page 2's slogan yesterday read: "Page 2 ...where we could give the Rocket more run support than the Astros."

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

We need a photoshop the pain thread staring Brad Lidge!