1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Update with Juwan Howard situation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LakersPride, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ndnmac8909

ndnmac8909 Member

Man 20 pts 8 assts, id take that any f******g night. And i think coming to HOuston would give him a chance to revive his career and make him the best pg in the league.

2. H-Dub

H-Dub Member

How can we do that?

3. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

Oh, I see, so you're hoping a change of scenery would boost his spirits and career?

Just as was the case in New Jersey, Phoenix, and NY, right?

4. H-Dub

H-Dub Member

Agreed.

5. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

LP doesnt have to do nothing. He's simply helping us by lending whatever available info he may have. He owes nothing to this board and it really sounds like this deal may have SOME credibility to it:

* Lakers need a PF--who better than PF who can shoot and rebound?

* Mihm has in fact had issues with his knees, which is a very perfect explanation as to why this trade might be delayed.

* The Lakers want to clear roster space. Hence, either way, a 2-for-1 deal or 3-for-2 deal makes a lot of sense, and that format of a transaction has been discussed and not even amended one iota.

* Head being involved makes sense. How could he NOT participate in the summer league? Not only that but JVG mentioned several times last season that he saw Head as nothing more than a rotational player. So he is easily expendable.

Appreciate the info, LP. Keep us updated.

6. ndnmac8909

ndnmac8909 Member

No but I think when he was in Minnesota he played his best with a super star in Kevin Garnett. And from what I feel, he would be a perfect fit with TMAC and Yao as a third scoring option. Who da f*** would not want to play with them?

7. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I have to admit that initially I thought Brian Cook was a SF but I checked his profile after the post then realized that he should be playing PF given his weight. Sorry for my ignorance. :p

Comparing to Juwan, Brian Cook is way more effective than in scoring but he is not better than JHo in rebounding either. Given his performance, I doubt Lakers would do the trade with us.

8. H-Dub

H-Dub Member

Thats it i read your post and it all came together you always wonder about things like this but then you get it. Lakerpride gets his inside info from hoopsworld and may i say lakerpride that is a great place to get it :rolleyes:

Ive cracked the code govna!!! :D

9. tracymac

tracymac Member

Stephon Marbury. He wants to be option 1 all the time...he's not gonna accept being the third option...no way now how....

10. LakersPride

LakersPride Member

You guys need to understand i'm doing my best giving information i'm doing this for you guys not for myself i wish people realize how much stress and hardwork i have to go through to find information to give you guys what you possibly want to hear if that can't be appreciated maybe i don't belong here.

11. H-Dub

H-Dub Member

Dude if your source wasnt even good enough to tell you Mihm was injured why O why should we believe you. :confused:

12. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

You arent doing this for me. I live in los angeles. I know of places that about the teams dealings and this one hasnt come up once.

Matter of fact, lakers fans are still delusional about getting KG. Now all of sudden the only known source for what you are saying is again hoopsworld.

No offense, but you honestly havent given us anything. I could pull one of those my sources threads as well, but what good would that do anyone.

13. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

Not only that, but Cook just had surgery on his hand.

14. Champ06

Champ06 Member

That was exactly what the update did, to inform the forum that Mihm was injured and the trade was delayed.

15. tracymac

tracymac Member

You're always goin to have doubters...especially when you cant disclose the source....

I for one am inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt and apprecite you updatin us on the news.....

16. LakersPride

LakersPride Member

This information had nothing to do with Hoopsworld the original writer who suggested a possible idea to the Lakers was no close to what different information i had. it's possible the writer heard something as a possiblity but my information is different then the writer.

i have worked so hard to give you guys information and i all get is nothing but disrespect this will be my last post, before i leave i wanna thank for those who gave me nothing but respect.

17. ymc

ymc Member

I think LP needs to be a bit more thick-skinned. Otherwise, he will have a hard time on ANY message boards. :cool:

18. Champ06

Champ06 Member

I don't think anyone will disclose their source. LakersPride will just have to earn his credibility. If this trade turn out to be true, no one will question him again in future. The only problem for Lakerspride is, if the trade doesn't go through and he has no way to prove that there was indeed a trade in making.

19. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

Well, I hope the deal happens and you at least come back for one last "I told you so, m***f***ers" post. ;)

20. RodrickRhodes

RodrickRhodes Member

thanks lakerspride for the update

no to aaron mckie...he's washed up and over the hill

i can see brian cook, because jvg has been talking about how he wants a 4 with range...i know cook lit the rockets up one game last year, but other than cook's 3 point shooting and salary, i dont see how he is different than j-ho

devean george would be a nice addition...he's a good role player

despite his knee problems, i would even take mihm...he can play backup center once deke retires

a better backup center would be bynum, but i dont think the lakers would give him up

i would be happy with howard and head for kwame brown and george...i thought kwame played well in the playoffs last year....it would be great if we could get kwame for j-ho and somebody else like bowen or sura, but i don't even think the lakers are even gonna give kwame up....the rockets shouldn't give luther up then either

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.