1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Update with Juwan Howard situation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LakersPride, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LakersPride

LakersPride Member

Van -

He should be 80% or 90% by training-camp from what i heard so he should be fine once the Regular Season starts i would assume.

2. ndnmac8909

ndnmac8909 Member

LakersPride, if you don't mind me asking, has your source ever told you something ahead of time that actually happened? Just curious.

3. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

Well, the lakers might well have a TE somewhere worth more than $1millon (not uncommon at all), enough to eat Luther's deal, and all they have to do is Match Juwan's somehow.. about 5.05 mil in total salry would be enough to match...

4. jsnwu

jsnwu Member

Walton is fine. he has high bb IQ and good enough passer like you said.
    Besides, his father if a huge fan of Yao :D

But cook is just mediocre IMO, other than 3p shoot and youth which Novak can contribute for us too, his jumper is not better than Juwan as well as his rebound.

5. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I thought we have done in building our PG department if JLIII is signed. If we cannot have any decent PF/C in return, I wish we won't make the deal.

6. Man

Man Contributing Member

I'll be waiting.

I like Howard btw.

7. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

8. ndnmac8909

ndnmac8909 Member

I also like the fact that he is 6' 8 and can match up with tall NBA players, unlike the combo midgets we have in Luther, Sura, and V-Span.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

euro - defensive option at pg jvg wants
    wafer -non-guaranteed waivable contract

expiring contracts
    mckie - the vet guard cd wants to add
    cook - 4 with offense

after this trade there'd still be one roster spot open.

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

OMG. Do you realize that if that is the case that we can generate ourselves a new TE of around $6 mill on top of $5 mill of expiring contracts? Talk about opening up some options to bring in some major talent. That would be a big time no brainer.

11. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

I guess thats how the Lakers ended up with Brian Grants contract because Mitch Kupchak definitely came out and said they were entertaining offers for Shaq

12. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

Howard and Head for Mihm, Cook and Walton works out well. I'd love to see that deal happen.

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

Aren't TE created only when under the cap teams absorb contracts?

14. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

No way Lakers will do this! :(

15. LakersPride

LakersPride Member

Yes, Mitch Kupchak ruined the value of Shaquille O'Neal so they got what they pretty much were thrown at.

General Managers need to lie or else there just gonna ruin the value of there players it's a smart thing to do

16. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

Wait... how is that big TE supposed to work? If it works out, it's gonna be Luther for some small TE and the Juwan for a package of expiring players... there is big TE generated?

Back to the trade... the Lakers do have more guys under the contract (many of them cheap and scrubby, some not even guaranteed) than they actually want...Wafer can just be thrown into any deal. Also with Shammon Williams signed back from Europe, Vujacic may become expendable after adding Luther Head.

the only real cost to the deal is the last couple years of Juwan's contract at $7 mil per.

17. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I heard that it was his ankle that was not healing properly and now needed surgery. And that's why he was out of the deal. Of course that is not from a gm.

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

It's very simple. If we send them $7.3 million in contracts and they send us $5 million back, we can absorb $4 million (McKie and Cook) with our TE. We then are essentially sending out $7.3 million and taking back a little over $1 million, which generates the new $6 million + trade exception.

19. vmerc13

vmerc13 Member

http://www.***************/article_18187.shtml

I wonder which offseasn message board bable they possibly could be talking about??? :rolleyes:

then again this is from hoopsworld.... so maybe the deal will happen! :D

20. Champ06

Champ06 Member

I am not at all interested in the deal with Lakers. The main reason for the trade IMO is basically to get rid of Juwan's contract if there is any true in this rumor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.