1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SportsRadio610] Carroll Dawson interview (7/19/06)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mogrod, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

But Lorenzen Wright is still Available.

He could be a valuable asset though he is more of a center than a PF.

I really do not see any point letting the remainder of our MLE go for not especially if we are not in LT danger. Heck sign Ariza with it - I will be happy :)

It will be hard to pull of a trade now [IMHO]. Last time I looked around it did not look like other GMs are moving their feet quick enough but you never know. So that is why it could be be very valuable if we use it for salary dumping + picks in February. If we have a clear need then, we will then use it wisely but if we don't we can use it to get picks while helping another team dyump salary (e.g. a team like NY or Seatle).

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Qyntel Woods?????

This guy could be a steal.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I've lurked since the Clutchcity.net days and originally joined in 03 under another name.

4. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

I'm all for Lorenzen Wright. He's pretty much like Cato except plays with more intensity. He'd definitely be a plus for our interior defense.

5. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

We've got Novak...don't need Korver. Nothing against Korver, but he's not a need. If we are thin anywhere, it's at center and SG.

6. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Puh-lease...

7. Diaw

Diaw Member

they dont play the same position, and novak hasnt prove anything yet in the league ... if we can land korver for the TE, let's do it ...

8. nix101

nix101 Member

Has anybody here seen V-Span play in a full game in Europe? Aside from some highlights, I haven't seen him play, so I can't comment on him.

I hope the Rox pull off the Head-Howard trade to the Lakers for Mihm and Mckie, both of whom are off the books next year; that's like 6 million off the books. McKie is a broken player, but Mihm is an underrated defender. He could excel playing alongside with Yao, or as a backup when Deke retires.

Here in L.A., Mitch Kupchak is known as the city's fool, but even a fool wouldn't fall for the J. Howard trap, which is over $20 mil for the next 3 years...or would he? I hope certainly hope he will. :D

Anybody heard anything about Novak? Is the Rockets going to sign him, or let him develop in a D-League?

9. MFW

MFW Member

[still bitter]Did anybody think of asking him about the moronic Gay-Swift-Battier trade?[/still bitter]

10. airmanz

airmanz Member

Good to hear! Thanks!

11. A00man

A00man Member

I'm sorry, I don't see the Rockets with a 43% 3-point shooter on the team. Novak hasn't even played a game in the NBA yet. It's stupid to say he's going to shoot just as well as Korver. Korver could play SG, and we'd have a heck of a lineup with a deep bench if we could get him for our TE.

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

If we end up adding Wright and JLIII, I can't see how this offseason wasn't a success. Wright would be a great addition to this, IMHO

13. tone-weezy

tone-weezy Member

Wright would add depth to the front court but from what i've heard and seen he's a shorter and less athletic version of Stro who isn't a shotblocker

Memphis doesn't want him back

14. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Wright is trash. I mean really, really bad. He's a total creampuff on both ends of the floor and just a non-factor. He's even worse than Ely, who I think is pretty mediocre.

There just isn't a serviceable PF in the FA market this year.

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Considering how thin our front court is I think he's probably the best that's out there for the taking

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

???? I don't think Lo Wright is shorter than Stro.

17. tone-weezy

tone-weezy Member

my bad he's listed as 6'11 but doesn't play like it.

18. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

Lorenzen Wright is much taller than Swift and is a much better rebounder and good shot-blocker. Rox could use his service.