1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bring over V-Span now please !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jul 14, 2006.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If it is going to take some time for V-span to adjust to the NBA game, we might as well bring him over this year. Let him start the adjustment period and evaluate his ability to play with Yao, Tmac, and Battier.

He has done pretty much all he can in Europe, let's get him over ASAP, and see what we have..

Who is with me????

Curahee !!!!!!!

DD

2. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

From some of the hightlights and the way people have described his play, he looks like he can really attack the basket and thats what this team really needs. I say bring him over as well.

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I am def with you, like back then when you felt the same about Langhi!

4. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member

I'm with you but I dont know much bout him. Can he play PG? Or is he a SG? From what I heard he plays like Manu Ginnobli. How is his defense? I know that he can slash but can he shoot. Can somebody help? :confused:

5. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

is spanoulis a definite pg or more of a combo guard? His assist numbers are a little low but I heard thats just because of the way they tally them in Europe is different.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is a big PG.....

Time to bring him on for a couple of guaranteed years and see what we have in him.

DD

7. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

Any Highlight???

8. Rockets Dynasty

He's 6-4 200 without shoes on (how they do it in Europe)

But he's more of a PG, so he can play both spots like Sura.

I've only seen 3 games of his (the Euroleague playoffs)

I can gurantee he is a big time playmaker. They hardly count assists in Europe, but as they count them in the NBA he would have EASILY been getting 9 or 10 assists a game off the bench.

He makes some sick passes and is constantly attacking.

About the only player more aggressive with his playmaking and creating shots for people I can think of that is currently playing is Nash.

9. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

it's not a matter of the rockets wanting him, it's a matter of him wanting to play for the rockets at this point in his career.

he hasn't done all he can in europe. basically he hasn't achieved pretty much and he has still a lot to show.

cd talked about the world championships. maybe he can start there with his real achievements because he hasn't done mutch on his national team either...

i'm with you, though. the rockets should do everything they can to bring him over if he wants to. we need scoring and depth.

10. rserina

rserina Member

The problem with Spanoulis is his jumper, so it may take awhile for him to adapt to NBA-level quickness and use his skill set well for us. He has good size, quickness, hands, and vision, but no jumper that could immediately help. I don't think he would do much this year, though I do agree that if we plan to sign him, we need to move quickly and get him acclimated.

11. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XT7uOvKGvR8"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XT7uOvKGvR8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

12. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

If not now, WHEN?
    I'd love to see him get a shot here. As far as his readiness goes, it depends on whether you listen to CD or JVG. CD seems to be more impressed than JVG, who expresses doubts about VSpan's defense and his ability to protect the ball.

13. playlife

playlife Member

From the highlights he looks great. Like a mix of Ginobli and Nash.

14. richter911

richter911 Member

His 05/06 stats lokks like this:
    Average:
    min:28:0
    2FG%:62%
    3FG:44%
    FG%:79%
    RO:0
    RD:2
    RT:2
    AST:3
    ST: 1
    TO: 3

15. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Looks like he has a lot of polished skills already. We need someone to do a job of penetrating and breaking down the defense. I agree let him work in and get acclimated to the organization and prep him for starting PG within a few years. When Rafer probably will have his contract expire.

16. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Someone has a new man crush... :)

17. anitasri

anitasri Member

Do they play defense out there! That FG% is unreal!

18. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

LOL to the Langhi comments.

But seriously, was that supposed to be an impressive display of skills? Thanks for the video and all, but watching him get hacked, miss some shots and make a few, with a few ok passes????

Made me wish I was watching the Boki highlight reel the day we drafted him. That was much better.

19. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I'm guessing that's supposed to be free throw percentage.

20. jkg123

jkg123 Member

I was invited to a season ticket holder Courtside Chat luncheon today at Toyota Center. Bill Worrell and Daryl Morey held a Q&A during lunch...they actually told us about the Snyder trade before the Chronicle reported the trade. Morey mentioned they are looking very hard into bringing V-Span over this year...and there were a couple of moves they may still happen, as well.

DM also stated they indeed had 5 guys on the draft board they wanted. Rudy Gay was not one of them. They had the Battier trade teed-up if none of the predetermined 5 were available. They weren't...thus, the trade was made.